This weekend we lucked out with one rain free day. Rubix and Phoenix enjoyed our trip to Jack Fischer Park where Phoenix enjoyed a play date with Kira. Rubix was so happy to finally be at the park after a week of no park because of the unrelenting rainy days. This week has been more of the same.
Today was the worst storm with high winds and heavy rain falls. I almost cancelled his 2 year check up because I didn't want to sit through the traffic. I take Rubix to Mountain View because typically it is faster to drive and park there, then it is to go to Santa Clara where I work. However, with 3 car accidents it made for a long drive.Despite the long drive Rubix held his bladder and nicely cooperated using the restroom three times while at the doctor's office. I was a little nervous about him having a poop accident because he hadn't pooped in over 24 hours and his is a morning and night pooper.
When we got home from the doctor the rain calmed down to a light drizzle that enticed Rubix to play outside. He was so excited to look at the earth worms. The bummer thing is for how good he was using the bathroom while in public, he refused to cooperate at home and had 2 pee pee accidents in a matter of an hour. Argh!
Rubix was very charming at the doctor's office. He stepped right onto the scale and weighed in at 28.9 lbs. This puts him in the 62nd percentile. He also backed right up to the tape measure, although he was a little afraid of the sliding lever that came down to rest on his head. He measured 35 inches which put him at the 74th percentile.
His diaper rash is finally starting to clear up with the potty training. It is really helpful having daycare help with the potty training. I am really hopeful he will have it down for the most part in the next month because I am exhausted putting him on the potty every hour or more!
We went to Westmont High school, Suessical the Musical to see Monica and Camryn. Axel really enjoyed seeing his favorite babysitter as one of the lead roles of JoJo. Phoenix didn't recognize Monica with the short hair or Camryn with her purple hair. Rubix was scared the entire time but he was such a champ to patiently have me hold him in my arms for the 2 hour affair. I thought for sure he would lose it, but I was very impressed with his ability to keep his composure.
Phoenix started wetting her bed the past week or so. It seems to correlate with this new fear of being alone since they practice doing a lock down drill at school. She is at a really difficult stage and I can't wait for her to mature and get over this stage. I find it very difficult to know how to properly respond to her. I remember struggling with Axel between 4 and 5. I keep thinking I almost done. I just have to graciously get through this year and hopefully we both come out better, more mature people.
Keith went to Axel's 4th grade question and answer event where they discussed all of the changes that occur for the 4th graders. The completely separate the 4th and 5th graders and run it like a middle school. He will have a different head of school. He will have the option to run for different councils. There is a student council, spirit council and another that I can't remember right now. Almost all of the sports teams are set up more like practice teams then competition teams. This is very good for Axel because the requirements are much less. He can do baseball and track team if he wants. We also learned that his current principal and language art teacher are looking at moving him to P3 language arts which would be 6th grade level next year. Axel also came home today saying how he is making more effort in Math and Language arts going above and beyond what his teachers are asking him. I think he decided he does want to get moved up to be in P3 with his best buddies Lucas and Kristin. I am excited for this new found maturity that Axel is showing. I love how he is taking ownership and starting to really apply himself. Keith and I have been telling him from the beginning that all we really care about is that he tries hard and gives his best effort. We really don't care about the end product of grades. Don't get me wrong, I love that he is getting nearly all A's, but I much rather him learn the benefit of hard work.
We are looking forward to celebrating Axel's birthday this Saturday. I am praying for God's strength as I attend my Grandfather's memorial service on Saturday morning. I am hoping that I feel full of love and happiness in celebrating his life and not sadness because I think it will be hard to have fun that evening at Axel's birthday party. Until then.....God Bless!




No comments:
Post a Comment