Thursday, October 19, 2017

Rubix is 19 months and Halloween Fun

The front closet in our house that is for our jackets and shoes is very odd shaped. It is about 6 or 7 feet deep and only 3 feet wide except for the back half that is only a foot and a half wide. We were getting something out of the closet, which I can't remember for the life of me now what it was. It became an instant fort and hours of fun while I cooked dinner and helped Axel with his homework. With all of the giggling and fun I made sure to get a few pictures. This was one of two pictures that wasn't blurry. Phoenix could hardly sit still she was having so much fun. 

While at Trader Joe's a couple of weeks ago Phoenix found this haunted chocolate house to build and the kids have been asking ever since when they could put it together. Last Friday was the big day and the kids had loads of fun putting it together.....
Or should I say tasting the "yummy" frosting and candies, while putting it together. I was super proud of Axel and Phoenix because they actually figured out how bad the frosting really tasted. They didn't want anymore when I gave them the okay to eat more. Rubix did a great job of trying to help out and not ruin any of their creating. He just wants to do what the big kids are doing all of the time. I was impressed at him helping out without creating any disasters :).

On Saturday Axel went to the movies with his two new girlfirends from school, Selena and Kristin. They all loved the new Lego Movie. Keith said it was fun to see the three of them play chase after the movie. I had a good friend visit from Colorado while they were all watching the movie.

On Sunday we went to pump it up to a birthday party. Rubix was primarily interested in the balls.

Phoenix was the only one really interested in the slides and obstacle courses. We had so much fun going down the big slide together. Here is a cute picture of her.

Daddy had fun playing air hockey with his buddy KP.
It was KP's daughter's 3rd birthday.
Axel befriended one of the older kids and had fun playing air hockey as well as knocking down balls suspended in the air. He is actually reconsidering the possibility of playing baseball in the Spring. We will see what happens.

Rubix was so tired. The party lasted until 1:15 pm and he is normally well into his nap by then. He was so overly tired that it took him a long time to fall asleep in the car and was unable to transfer into his crib.
Here are the three kiddos with Evelyn the birthday girl.
Because Rubix wasn't sleeping we headed to the pumpkin patch. It ended up being a very hot day. I believe it crested 90 degrees out.
The kids had fun painting their pumpkins as usual.

Rubix turned 19 months on Sunday. I tried my best to capture a good picture of him, but this was one of the only ones he was really smiling. Again, he was so tired from missing his nap.
The kids really wanted to do the cow ride, but after a few minutes Rubix decided it wasn't very fun. It was a little challenging to get him to stay calm, but we ended up finishing the ride.
Here is daddy with the kiddos and their finished pumpkins. 
I leave you with a cute video of Rubix saying a relative newer word. Can you guess?
That's right! It's football season and he loves watching football!

1 comment: