We continue to go to story time most Thursdays. The library received new toys for the kids. They have these raised play surfaces. One of them is for trains, another for Legos, and a third one for wooden sticks and circles. I was looking for books and Rubix got really quite. When I peeked around the corner he was inside the storage container smiling away. He is so cute!
Rubix is almost entirely on dairy now. I still have him drinking Lactaid or lactose free milk. Since we have gone to full fat milk he is sleeping through the night 50% of the time. He is also eating by himself 75% or more of the time. He even manages to use a spoon! He is opposed with pumpkins right now. I really need to record his cute voice.
He is also mastering his ball handling skills both with his hands and feet. Here is a cute video of him dribbling the ball at the park last week.
I spent 6 hours in Phoenix's classroom last Friday and I will do the same thing tomorrow. I am amazed at the dynamic of her class and a little disappointed that things aren't a little easier. I mentioned before there are 22 boys in her class and they have a couple who require extra needs. The entire class except the two boys had to go outside because of their behavioral issues. Luckily, the teacher improvised and they did circle time outside, but it was difficult for the kids to concentrate being outside. I plan on talking with the principle about providing some assistance so the teachers can teach and the kids who want to goof off can sit in the office. We will see what happens. I am looking forward to seeing how things go tomorrow.
One year ago my mom planned for Shannon, her and I to spend a weekend together getting pampered in Calistoga. We didn't quite make it an entire weekend because of all our little ones, but we had an amazing 24 hours together. Here we are having a mud bath. Yes, weird, but we laughed so hard, it will be a great memory for years to come.
After the mud bath we had massages and soaked in the mineral pool. We then headed back and got ready for dinner. We went to Healdsburg for dinner and had a delicious meal together.
Shannon and I split a cucumber martini and the tapas we shared were scrumptious.
I am so glad we were able to spend the time together. We plan on trying to spend a weekend together every year with each year bringing a new adventure!
Axel started flute lessons 1 month ago. He has had 4 lessons and now he can play Hot Cross Buns and Mary Had a Little Lamb. He is catching on pretty quickly. I am excited that maybe we will be able to play a couple of Christmas carols together this year. I do hope he continues to enjoy it and plays for a few years atleast.
The fires are so sad. We have had unbelievable poor air quality and my heart feels so heavy for all of the thousands of people who have lost their homes and businesses. With the Las Vegas Massacre, the 4 hurricanes and the 2 earthquakes and now the fires I just keep praying that God's glory will shine through this all and that the hope of his name will carry people to trust in Him.
We have another event filled weekend, but have to wait and see if we will be able to do our outdoor adventures because of the air quality. Until next time....





No comments:
Post a Comment