On Tuesday November 15th Rubix turned 8 months old! He is such a joy to be around. He still only cries when he is tired or hungry. He is becoming more vocal though and will grunt or cry if someone takes away what he is playing with. He will also make some noise if he gets frustrated with what he is doing. In this picture he pulled himself up onto his knees from his stomach. He can also pull himself up to a standing position and then he falls over immediately.
He is still doing the military crawl. He gets up onto his hands and knees all of the time, but still hasn't figured out how to crawl on them. He is quite quick for the military crawl on his stomach and loves to pull books off the bookshelf.These pictures are all from Sunday afternoon before he turned 6 months because I had a feeling that I wouldn't have time to take pictures on Tuesday, and I was right. My work week is crazy busy!

Here is Rubix babbling. You can see how happy and how solid he is in this video.
Here is a cute picture of Phoenix Sunday afternoon. She is learning a routine in gymnastics that she is excited to share with daddy and our guests tomorrow for our pre-Thanksgiving feast.
On Tuesday, I was able to capture pictures of Phoenix and Rubix taking his first big boy bath! He was beyond thrilled to be in the bath with Phoenix and Phoenix was just as excited to have someone to play with again, now that Axel mostly takes showers.
Rubix loves the water and loves to splash. You can see here how he is splashing away.Yesterday, Thursday, after school I tried to capture a few more pictures of our 8 month old. Axel wanted to join in as usual :)
Rubix loves to bounce in the stroller or anytime he can. When he stands he immediately starts to jump. Hopefully he will learn soon that standing doesn't always equate to jumping/bouncing :)
We started solids again about 2 weeks ago. He has done well with the sweet potatoes. Yesterday I gave him one cube of butternut squash. He threw up last night and this morning and cried for hours last night. It is hard to know if all of that was a reaction to the squash or if it was just coincidence. He has not thrown up or cried at night like that since we stopped solids about 6 weeks ago. I can still see his top right tooth under the gums so it could have been that or he may be coming down with something because he has a little rash and a red cheek. I was too afraid to try squash again today so I gave him only sweet potatoes. I am hoping and praying for a good night of sleep tonight because it is hard letting him cry. Typically, Rubix has been waking once a night. Keith or I feed him just a couple of scoops of Neocate with about 3 or 4 oz of water. This is enough to satisfy him for the remainder of the night. I decided a couple of weeks ago I rather do that then hear him cry for hours. Keith, Rubix and I get more sleep that way :)
Rubix loves Louis and being outside. He loves watching Phoenix and Axel play. He loves to read his books and stand in the pack n play at Angela's, but most of all he loves to bite and chew on anything and everything!
We are gearing up for lots of fun over the next few weeks. We have several birthday parties, Keith's company party, The Los Gatos Holiday parade for boy scouts and all types of fun activities in store. I will do my best to keep the blog current!








No comments:
Post a Comment