Friday, November 25, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had our annual pre-Thanksgiving feast last Saturday. It was one of the better meals I have prepared. I finally made great Grandma Connie's dressing and it turned out! My sweet potato casserole wasn't as good as usual because I decided to change the recipe. Note to self...don't change recipes day of. Stick with what you know is good! For some reason I never remember to take photos on this day. I think because it is so action packed with preparing food, cleaning up and visiting with friends.  I managed to take a picture of Phoenix. She was so hungry she just couldn't wait for everyone else. I let her start 10 minutes early rather than listening to hear continually ask for food :)

 I also managed to take one photo of the 7 kids having a dance party at the end of the evening. I set up an arts and crafts table which was great for the kids, except....it required a lot of my attention to help them with all of the crafts that I had purchased from Michaels. Good thing is the kids had fun.

 Daddy went to the Warriors basketball game with buddies on Wednesday night and got to witness one of the funniest blow outs he has ever seen. The kids and I had a great time at home. All three kiddos took a bath together for the first time. They all had a blast. Axel is almost too old for baths so I hope they can enjoy this time together for a little bit longer.
 On Thanksgiving morning everyone slept in except Rubix and I. We made yummy pumpkin scones and then pumpkin lattes. The scones were done just when everyone woke for the morning.


 We enjoyed a mellow day together and managed to call of the grandparents. It was an extra special Thanksgiving because it was Grandpa Brian's birthday. Here are the three kiddos. Rubix was ready for his nap. Too bad I wasn't able to get a better picture.
 Today we have been enjoying more family time together with bike rides, park play and Christmas decorating!
 Here are a couple of cute photos of Rubix trying a banana for the first time.

 All was great until he accidentally took a bite rather than sucking on it. He has been tolerating carrots and sweet potatoes this week. Banana was not on the plan and not what the allergist recommended, but I decided to listen to Rubix's desire to try something new and suffer the consequences later if he has a reaction to it. I am hopeful he will be fine with it.
We are all looking forward to the fun activities that the next 4 weekends have in store. Until then, God Bless you and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment