Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Axel Looses His First Tooth, Phoenix has Hand foot Mouth Disease

I thought it was really funny that the exact day that I wrote the last blog and said that I don't see Axel's bottom two teeth becoming loose anytime soon, his bottom right hand tooth becomes loose!

Here is a cute picture of the three kiddos Thursday after school. I thought it was funny that all three kids dressed in red without knowing the other was in red. We had a fun time playing at Marshall Lane before heading home. 
 When we got home I gave Axel a piece of pumpkin granola chocolate covered bark for eating all of his food for the entire day at school. This is something that we have been working on for some time now. We changed his food intake so that he had three equal sized portions for morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack in order to help Axel consume more calories throughout the day. We have also been sending him to school with a glass of Lactaid and a 5 oz serving of Neocate Jr.. Last Thursday was the first day that everything was consumed at school! So I thought it was funny when Axel came to me with a funny look on his face as he was chewing the delicious pumpkin, chocolate granola. I finally understood him once he had swallowed the very large amount of food in his mouth. He was so cute because he didn't like the funny feeling that had happened. I on the other hand was jumping up and down with excitement.
 As he understood exactly what was happening he became more and more excited himself.
The next day at school Axel did not eat ANY food the entire day. He didn't want to move his tooth or loose it at school. He slowly worked on his food for the day when we got home from school. He slowly ate dinner on the side of his mouth. I offered him another piece of pumpkin chocolate bark to help get the tooth looser. I tried everything in the book to convince him to make the tooth looser. Luckily, when daddy got home he convinced him to use a piece of floss. It took until 8:30 pm to get the tooth out, but with persistence the tooth came out. I was trying to figure out why the tooth had to come out so quickly and once Axel was in bed daddy told me that Axel hardly slept the night before because he was afraid the tooth was going to fall out in his sleep. Apparently he set up pillows to catch his tooth and made himself sleep face down propped up on pillows to make sure he didn't swallow it. 

 Good thing his first tooth came out on Friday October 7th at 8:30pm. The tooth fairy was very generous for his first tooth. He gave him a whopping $10 bill. You would think that Axel would be excited, but he wanted the money taken away and his tooth back! He said that he rather just get a dollar and his tooth and for the tooth fairy to come back and take the $10 bill. So the following night the tooth fairy brought back his tooth and replaced the 10 dollars with two, one dollar bills. I love how Axel decided that his tooth was more important for the sentimental value than the money. I was extremely proud of him for communicating his feelings.

 This past weekend I was at the Annual Physical Therapy conference held at Santa Clara Convention Center. The entire conference was about Movement. It was an exciting conference as Physical Therapy it trying to rename itself as doctoral clinicians that are the experts on diagnosing and treating movement dysfunctions. It is our goal to educate physicians and the public that we are the movements experts that are essential at improving, maintaining and preventing health costs from skyrocketing by helping people move more. Through movement and the correcting of movement dysfunction we can prevent diabetes, strokes, arthritis and basic athletic injuries. California hopes to be the leaders in this movement. I had the privilege of seeing Shirley Sahrmann, the founder of movement impairment syndromes, speak again. I have seen her over a dozen times and her lectures never get old. She is officially retired now that she is in her 80's but she continues to travel the world to educate others as well as continues to help write research articles and books. This is a picture of Cindy and I with Shirley. We took a similar photo 8 years ago in St. Louis at Washington University where she taught and lead the research team. I am amazed that out of the thousands if not millions of people she has met that she continues to remember me over the years. It is such an honor to be taught by the best!
 When I got home on Sunday I went outside with the kids. We were in a pollen storm that doesn't seem to be going away. Almost every day you can see thick green pollen, as pictured below, blowing through our neighborhood. We are hopeful of a rain that is predicted for later this week.
 On Saturday afternoon our neighbor had his 4 year birthday party in the park. Phoenix was whipped out. Here she is passed out on the couch. The only not funny thing about this picture is that she ended up having a 101 degree fever and what we discovered yesterday morning as hand foot mouth disease. I had to leave work to pick up Rubix and Phoenix from day care once our doctor confirmed Phoenix is still contagious. They will be home the entire week like two other kids at day care in order to prevent the other kiddos from catching it. Luckily, Rubix doesn't seem to have come down with it yet!
Rubix turns 7 months this Saturday! I will have a fun post all about him and hopefully cute pictures as we visit a pumpkin patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment