Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Cory gets married and Axel pitches!

 Axel has started pitching during games. He is one of 4 players who is able to make it over the mound. He is about 50% for getting it over the plate. I downloaded these two photos rather than the video that I took because I was amazed that my phone was able to capture Axel going from early to late cocking phase. I was even more amazed that my little guy with hardly any experience is getting about 120 degrees of external rotation while pitching. The body never ceases to amaze me.

 Last Thursday morning bright and early I said good bye to Keith and Phoenix (Rubix and Axel were still sleeping) and headed to the airport. It was a little weird driving myself to the airport and parking in the economy lot by myself, but it was even more weird being alone without anyone else to worry about except myself. I have never left the kids (except the 24 hours I was in the hospital delivering) and I really haven't gone anywhere without Keith for the 10 + years that we have been together. I had to use all my effort not to break down and cry as the plane was taking off. I was sad I wasn't going to get to enjoy the kiddos for three days, but happy that I was going to get to see family and friends I hadn't seen in years.

On Thursday night I had the privilege of getting together with my dearest friend and roommate from college. We met for dinner just after 5pm and ended up talking until the restaurant closed at midnight! We had such a good time catching up.

On Friday we headed to Utica to Grandpa Bruce's and Grandma Sonia's "Villa" that they own at Grand Bear Lodge. We had the pleasure of catching up with Sonia's brother, Jay and his wife Gretchen. We all had such a good time. We even had the privilege of hearing Jay and Gretchen sing and play the guitar. You can tell how much they love music and each other. Finally, the time had come to get ready and head to Cory and Anne's Wedding.

Here are Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce all ready for the big event!
 Here is Uncle Jay and my new Aunt Gretchen!
 The three of us.
 Sonia and I.
 The three girls!
 Here is Dan and Gina, Sonia's sister coming down the aisle. Gina looked beautiful and was glowing despite the stress of being the mom of the groom.
 Here is the only picture I got of Mia, Cory's sister.
 The bride and groom saying their vows.
 Mr. and Mrs. Uranich!
 Gina and Sonia.
 Cory, Anne, Great Grandma Connie and Grandpa Jerry (Sonia's parents)
 Cutting the cake!
 My wonderful grandparents!
 The first dance!
 Grandma and her lovely son Jay sharing a lovely moment!

 After more visiting on Sunday, I headed home. Jay and Gretchen happened to be flying out of Midway taking Southwest at the same time I was so we shared another couple of hours of visiting. It was really a wonderful weekend and I am so glad that I was able to share in Cory's special day and see family and friends. I wish Cory and Anne a life full of happiness.....may they remember the positive and not sweat the small stuff!
At home Keith had a great time with the kids. He had a bit of help with babysitters, but he did great being the mommy and daddy for the three days I was gone. We are hoping for a relaxing weekend as I will be at the annual California Physical therapy conference next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment