Rubix continues to become a more and more chill and adaptable baby. Here is Phoenix feeding Rubix for the first time. She absolutely loves playing with him and helping him. Since Rubix has been at Angela's she has stopped throwing tantrums and appears to be listening and cooperating most of the time.
I was a little nervous about going to the dealership for a couple of hours with Phoenix and Rubix, but I had to get two recalls fixed and an oil change. I can't remember the last time I was so proud as a parent. Rubix and Phoenix were amazing. We played inside a little and then Rubix needed to sleep. He slept brilliantly in the carrier while Phoenix and I played outside. Before we knew it the Tuscon was ready and we were headed to the park for some quick playtime before Rubix's second nap and Pheeny's quiet time.I had to go through baby clothing and get out 9 month clothing since Rubix is outgrowing the 6 month clothing. In the process I found this onsie that we received from our friends for Axel. It is completely inappropriate, but I felt he had to wear it at least once before he grows out of it. I think Axel wore it only once as well.
Rubix appears more aware of his surroundings, is talking more, and is improving his hand eye coordination. However, he still can't figure out how to move very much. He rolls and turns himself around, but can't quite seem to figure out how to propel himself forward or backwards yet. He loves to sit and play and he loves interacting with other people. I love this picture of him!
Axel and Phoenix are taking showers together rather than baths. Axel is either the most caring, loving brother who is helpful, or he is a little tyrant. I never know what Axel I will get, but here I caught him washing the shampoo out of Pheeny's hair. I love how sweet he can be!
The kids are in full chore mode. They are both working hard at earning their keep around the house and earning the fun activities they want to do. Axel has earned $135 for his engineering class and is now working on the $75 for cub scouts. Phoenix is working on earning $139 dollars in order to start ballet in November.
Here are Axel and Phoenix putting the groceries away. They did a great job!
After dropping Axel off at school on Friday Phoenix and I decided Rubix should try out our swing. I think he enjoyed himself.
Yesterday morning the kids decided they wanted to go to El Quito Park for a change. We all really enjoyed ourselves. Phoenix and Axel rode their bikes, climbed on the big play structure, swung, and did flips on the small play structure.
Rubix played a little bit on the swings and down the slides with me and then played on a blanket in the shade the rest of the time.
On Monday this past week Rubix was so tired from Angela's he went to bed at 5:30 pm without eating. His last bottle was at 3:20 pm in the afternoon. You can imagine I was shocked when he didn't wake until 3:45 am the next morning. I couldn't believe he went 12 hours without eating! The next day he went from 5 pm until 4 am without eating. He continues to go about 10 hours a night. I have been offering him 3 oz of water with one scoop of formula when he wakes at 4 am so that he will eat a full bottle when he wakes at 7 am. If I can get him to consistently eat upon waking I am hoping I can get all of the calories he needs in during the day so he will sleep all night. I am so excited that he is at this point already! I am excited for his 6 month milestone in just a few days! He seems to be tolerating the Neocate cereal and can take up to a 6 oz bottle now. He can eat as few as 4 times per day. I am hoping to start sweet potatoes tonight or tomorrow and see how he does on his first real food!Today was Axel's first AA baseball game. It is kid pitch now. The coach pitches if needed, aka, too many walks, etc. Axel got one pitch right on the helmet in the head. He had a great attitude about it. Axel was frustrated though that he didn't get on base, but he did get his first RBI. It is tough for the kids who are use to hitting well off the coaches pitching. I hope Axel is able to have better luck next time so he can build some confidence.
Phoenix had a great time playing with Sola, a teammate's sister, and Macey. They ran around almost the entire morning.
The other big news of the week is that Axel's first permanent tooth is coming in! On Friday upon dropping Axel off at school he asked me to look into his mouth. He said that he felt something. When I looked I thought, well, his gums are either eroding away or he has teeth coming in. After school, I was able to get a better look and decided yes, he had his bottom, front two teeth coming in behind his baby teeth. I immediately called the dentist and brought him in for the dentist to ease my thoughts. She said this happens all of the time and that it is best to let nature takes its course. That means his baby teeth should start to become loose over the one to three months as the permanent teeth come in. If they pull the baby teeth then his other teeth could fall into the open space which would create more problems. Luckily, we have our next cleaning on October 14th so she will be able to take another look and give us more advice depending on what state Axel's teeth are in.
We are looking forward to seeing Auntie Shannon next weekend for her birthday and for another baseball game next Sunday. Axel has his nutrition appointment on Thursday. We postponed his endoscopy for later in the year. Rubix has his 6 month check up on Thursday as well. This is going to be a busy, action packed week. Until next time......













No comments:
Post a Comment