Friday, January 22, 2016

Phoenix is 3 years old!

I had planned on doing one post later this weekend and realized that there is going to be way too many photos to share so I decided to do a quick post to share Pheeny's 3rd birthday yesterday!

 Per daddy's suggestion Phoenix and I went out for Mickey Mouse chocolate pancakes at MiMi's after dropping Axel off at school. We had quite the feast and enjoyed our delicious breakfast. Phoenix did not eat as much as she usually does because she is still recovering from the stomach bug that plagued her last weekend.

 After breakfast we headed for her 3 year check up. Phoenix weighted in at 26.1 pounds which puts her in the 7th percentile. She measured 37.25 inches which puts her in the 50th percentile. Her BMI comes out to be 0 percentile! Hopefully, this is just because she was sick! No wonder why her pants never stay up! Otherwise, everything else checked out great. She seems quite healthy besides being "hollow" like her brother!

After the doctor we headed for a quick park visit. Phoenix really wanted to go to Jack Fisher so I couldn't disappoint. We were able to play for 35 minutes before heading home for lunch and nap time.
 After nap time we picked up Axel from school and headed to Target/West gate Mall. Phoenix really wanted to get more toothpaste earlier in the day and Daddy and I wanted to get Axel a Star Wars t-shirt for Star Wars school spirit day, today. After picking up our items at Target Phoenix requested a ride on the Merry Go Round. We were all happily surprised that it was working because it has been out of order almost all of last year.  Here is the birthday girl enjoying herself!

 And big brother being and a supportive big brother by going along with what sister wants!
 I let Phoenix pick out one more ride and after a quick ride on the school bus they headed over to the indoor play area.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun the kids had playing. Axel is such a good sport and I am always amazed at how well he adapts to most situations, even if that means playing with and on "little kid" toys. 
 After over 30 minutes of playtime we headed home for an early dinner and bath.
Once Daddy arrived home we opened gifts and had birthday cake. Phoenix loved the cards and gifts she received from her grandparents and great grandparents. She went to sleep with the two cards that she received and is saving the princess crown for her party tomorrow.  

 I didn't have to make a cake because she received one at MiMi's with breakfast! As you can see from Axel's face we were all excited that Phoenix blew out her candles this year. She had no hesitations or fears like last year.
 Phoenix had her 3 year portraits taken today. I hope to get the email with the pictures later today so that I can post a few with pictures from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment