Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July 2015

We had an amazing, action packed weekend. I had to get a picture of Pheeny looking so girly! She wore a dress or skirt every day for almost a week.

She absolutely loves the swing that we installed last Sunday. The Reddy's gave it to us before they moved and I finally installed it on the 28th of June.
We still play every night in the park. We ride bikes, run, play baseball, play in the sand, or whatever the kids want. A few nights ago we decided to run up and down the hill. I love this picture of Axel and I below. You can see him really trying to run as fast as he can. I love to see the determination in his face.
I also love this picture of Pheeny checking to see if daddy and Axel are close behind her.
On Friday we had our annual BBQ for Keith's and my birthday. Since Keith turns 40 on the 8th of July, he thought it would be cute for the kids to put up how old they are. You can see Phoenix saying 2, although she doesn't quite have 2 fingers up. The twins turn 4 in a couple of weeks, and Alex turns 5 next month.
After dinner the kids played baseball and then they just played silly. I am not sure whose idea it was, but Pheeny and Dellinger put the balls to make big butts and boobies.
You can see how much fun they were having!
After dessert, we headed to the park. Here is a super cute picture of Phoenix, Axel and Alex.
Axel got to show off his riding skills. Here is a great picture of him focused on making it up the dirt hill on his bike. He still hasn't made it all the way up, but he gets an A for effort. 
The gathering ended a little later than expected. I quickly bathed the kids and was trying to get them to bed. Axel came into Pheeny's room to say goodnight and I thought he went off to his room. As I was saying good night to Pheeny, she asked for a second blanket. I went into her closet to get another blanket. My little funny man was in her closet in the dark, giggling away as I screamed out of fright. Axel was so proud of scaring me!

On Saturday we went to Aunties house for another BBQ. Here are Phoenix and Braylin wearing the 4th dresses that Grandma Susan made them.
We all had a really good time. The kids played well together, the adults enjoyed some yummy food, and the day came to and end all too quickly. We sung Daddy Happy Birthday which was nice and embarrassing for him as well.
The kids had their usual cousin bath together before we headed home for bed.
On Sunday, the kids and I met up with the McFarrens. We enjoyed catching up and the kids had fun running around together.
It was so nice that they made time to visit with us. We always enjoy their company.
Daddy unfortunately re injured his hamstring kicking around the soccer ball on Friday night. As a result we are not longer spending the day together for his birthday on Wednesday. He will go to work like every other day and hopes to be recovered and back to his usual, happy, riding self by this coming weekend. Until next time......we will be enjoying the long summer days!



No comments:

Post a Comment