Last Sunday we finally did it. We purchased something that we have been talking about for some time. We purchased this awesome bunk bed with a trundle bed. It is solid wood and can be a bunk bed or two separate beds. The kids were over the top excited. They couldn't wait for their new bunk bed to arrive. They told us 3 weeks until delivery.
On Tuesday, just two days later I made another huge purchase. I finally bought the Amish dining room table and chairs that I have been talking about for years! I received the biggest bonus I have ever received in my working career this past spring $4500 and all of it went to the table and chairs. They should last a life time so I think it is money well spent! It is suppose to arrive sometime within the next 3 months.On Wednesday Daddy turned 40 years old. The kiddos put together two very nice projects for him. It was a very low key day.
When Daddy got home from work we played outside for a bit and then once the kids were in bed we played battleship. Daddy won! He said it was the perfect birthday present, since he has only beat me one other time :)
On Wednesday while daddy was at work we went to a "Magic Bubbles" presentation at the library. The magic ingredient is glycerin. Here Axel and Phoenix are making big bubbles.VERY BIG BUBBLES!
After the library we headed to Axel's swim lesson. This is what Pheeny does during Axel's swim lessons.
Here is Axel swimming back stroke. If I get a chance I will try to post a video.
On Thursday we went back to the library to learn about fire and see a fire truck and fire fighters.
Surprise! On Friday the bunk bed arrived 2 weeks early! We have the bottom part of the bed in Axel's room with the trundle bed.The top of the bunk bed is in Pheeny's room. If they show that they can sleep well we will have Pheeny try to sleep on the trundle bed. If she can do that a few days in a row then we will move Pheeny into Axel's room and make it a bunk bed. We will see what happens.....stay tuned!
We still spend a lot of time in our park. Axel hasn't played in the sand for months. Yesterday, Friday, he did. He created a canyon. It took a lot of hard work.
We dropped off some items at Goodwill earlier this week and ended up stopping by a park that was on the way home. I love these pictures. Phoenix was nicely telling Axel that she wanted to get off.
When Axel tried he was just as scared. His eyes were closed for all of the pictures. So cute!
During Pheeny's naps on the weekends the boys often go on adventure rides together. Axel does 3 to 5 miles and they try to explore different locations each time. Here are the two before their ride today.
We are off to test drive more cars. We did Nissan last week. We are going to Honda today and slowly over the next couple of months we will test drive all of our options and figure out what car makes the best sense for our family. Wish us luck!














No comments:
Post a Comment