Friday, May 15, 2015

Happy Mother's Day 2015

The Szolusha household has settled into our new routine. We have gotten use to the hectic schedule of school and baseball and we have gotten use to a 2 year old with a cast. We have acclimated to missing normal working hours each week. I find it amazing at how quickly children adapt to their surroundings.

Phoenix is an absolute champ at living life regardless of her cast and inability to walk. She has had her moments of frustration, but in general she tries to do everything she use to do. 

The girl loves tea. I never expected my 2 year old to enjoy tea as much I as do. I use to drink tea every day, and sometimes multiple times per day. I gave it up years ago, but have recently been revisiting it since Axel and Phoenix took interest in having tea parties. Our current flavor of choice is decaffeinated cinnamon tea.
Sometime last week I had to let Phoenix start playing on her own outside. Within a matter of minutes she had figured out how to climb the slide with three limbs. Since then she can now climb up facing forwards, sideways and backwards which appears to be the easiest. She goes down the slide in all positions as well.  I am so proud of her for not letting a little broken leg get in her way of having fun!
Here is another picture of her at Jack Fischer Park yesterday. She played for 2.5 hours non stop. We were both ready for a nap after we ate lunch!
Axel and his school spoiled me this year for Mother's Day. The teachers had them do 4 projects. He made me a nice card, gave me a picture of himself holding flowers that says, " I love you mom", made a mom poster with his picture in the middle and a heart necklace. I was very surprised and honored that Axel worked so hard on his mom projects.
The kids and daddy picked bouquets of flowers for me. This has become a lovely tradition. I have been enjoying the beautiful flowers all week!
I was able to get out for a bike ride. We also went out for dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant. I wasn't able to get a good picture of me with the kids, but I was able to spend the day with them, which is exactly what I want to do. I have been so struck with what an honor it is to be a mom and be able to experience God's unconditional love for us through parenthood. I am overcome with emotion and love for God when I realize that he loves us the way we love our children.
I took Phoenix to Westgate shopping center on Tuesday to ride the merry go round, but it was out of order. Instead she played in the little kid play area.
She was so happy climbing and playing.
I took her there again today because she had to much fun on Tuesday.
It is hard to believe that Axel's baseball season will be over this weekend. I am playing in the mom's softball game tonight. We have a double header tomorrow with the home run derby and festival. Sunday is the end of season baseball swim party. It is going to be an action packed weekend.  I hope to get a few good pictures, so check back soon.

I leave you with two very cute pictures of the kids being their charming. wonderful selves.




No comments:

Post a Comment