We had quite an eventful weekend last weekend. It started with the mom's softball game on Friday night. I had so much fun playing in it. It made me want to play more often. The only bummer part is that I am not in sprinting shape and my legs have not been very happy ever since. Anytime I do a quick movement my quads want to seize up on me.
Saturday morning Axel had his first game of the day. Here is my handsome young man playing right field, one of his favorite positions (besides catcher).
He has been connecting almost every time within the first one or two pitches. It doesn't go very far, but he consistently gets a hit, which is better than being inconsistent!
The sun came out just as we were finishing our first game. Here is most of the team and the coaches.
We had a wonderful visit from Auntie Shannon, Uncle Ryan and Braylin. They arrived during Axel's first game and then came over for an hour of playtime. I did not manage to take very many pictures, but the one picture I did manage to capture is super cute. Here is little Braylin pushing Pheeny around in her wagon. So cute!
Auntie and family headed home for lunch and Braylin's nap time. Axel was excited to have a couple more hours of playtime before he had to head back to the field.
Before Axel's second game was the Red Sox home run derby. Axel was really swinging hard and getting his body into it. Keith and I are so impressed with how much Axel has improved with his attitude. To see him try and have fun has been quite the accomplishment this season.
After Axel's second game Keith played in the coaches softball game. He pitched and was having a great game until the last inning when he sprinted to second base. His hamstring gave out and he dove face first into second base. I felt really bad about not getting any pictures, but I was busy trying to get the kids fed since it was dinner time. Axel enjoyed a cheese burger from the Snack Shack. After we got home daddy was down for the count. While he iced he read Axel a book.
The next day was Axel's end of the season party. The kids received their trophies, Tshirts and year books. Can you believe they do year books for baseball? The kids enjoyed swimming, popcorn and cake.
After they received their trophies the kids got to push the dads and coaches into the swimming pool. They had so much fun pushing the dads into the water.
Every child had the chance to push in each of the dads and coaches. Here Axel is pushing in Coach Keith/ daddy!
Axel swam like a champ regardless of the cold weather. According to Keith the water was warm. Most of us moms couldn't even think about taking off our jackets and long pants although a couple of brave moms managed to go for a swim.
Here Axel is playing football with a few of his teammates. The transformation of Axel's attitude, confidence and general desire to do things has been unbelievable. Praise the Lord for allowing everything to fall into place with the last minute registration and the amazing group of boys and parents we had for Axel's first team sport experience.
On Tuesday evening the kids and I attended Annika's graduation from middle college. She spent two of her high school years at the community college taking classes. She is officially done with middle college and high school and will be entering one of the top nursing programs in Oregon next year. It was definitely bitter sweet watching her graduate. It is hard to believe 5 years has gone by and that she is a young adult starting the next chapter of her life. We hope and pray that we will be able to find another trustworthy babysitter that truly loves our kids.
I threw this last picture in here because Phoenix wanted to build a big train track yesterday for the first time. Up until now she only wanted to build a little track that she can sit and and push the trains around. She now appreciates the coolness factor of having the trains go around a bigger more intricate track. It brought back so many wonderful memories with Axel. We hope to have a low key Memorial Day weekend. Axel and I have been fighting a bad cold all week. Check back next week because if all goes well, I will have pictures of Phoenix and her new shorter cast!















No comments:
Post a Comment