Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sibling Fun

I remember the stage where Axel always wanted to see the video or picture I took of him. Phoenix has begun that stage. Here she is saying that "Pheeny wants to see". I was trying to get a picture of her in her cute new outfit that Auntie got her for Christmas. 
Here was a fun game that turned sour. Axel was pushing Phoenix onto her couch. All was well until he pushed her so hard that she hit her head. Did I like or encourage this game, no. I was actually trying to hold Axel with one arm as I was talking with the neighbor on the phone about a play date. The conversation ended sort and both kids were crying. Phoenix because her head hurt and Axel because he was made at himself for hurting her. It seems more and more that both kiddos have to learn things the hard way.
Phoenix loves books and loves to play dress up. Here is another cute outfit she received from her grandparents. The shoes are from the neighbor and I allow them indoors since they are still a bit big for her and she doesn't wear them outside.
Axel's reading continues to improve as does his math skills. He can count by 2's, 5's, 10's, 100's and 1000's. He loves to do basic addition and subtraction. Daddy recently taught him the first 4 powers of 2 and 10 which he has been able to retain. I love this picture!
Daddy got me an awesome new Shark vacuum for Christmas so of course the box had to turn into another fort. Axel spent a lot of time making "stained glass" windows and a stained glass door. He used the new markers that he made with his Marker Maker that he received from his Aunt Josie for Christmas.
The kids received gift cards to Toys R Us from Grandpa Paul. Phoenix got the bouncy horse that she has been wanting.
Axel got another Nano V2 kit to go with the other one he received for Christmas. I love this picture because you can see Phoenix insisting on putting clothes over her pj's and Axel with his underwear pj's. It is still a bit of a fight to get him to wear his slippers and spider man top from bath time until bed time. He rather just be cold because it feels good on his skin, so he says.
We found Louis inside the art supply box that was under the kids work table in his room. Keith pulled out the box so I could snap a photo of the old man lounging in the box.
I took Phoenix to the Discovery Museum and Zoo in Palo Alto that Axel use to love. This is one of the first play dates that I have done with only Phoenix now that Axel is in school.
She loved the same things Axel loved, except she was a bit afraid of the animals. She clung onto me and said, "Pheeny don't like it. Pheeny scared." I was really proud of her for articulating her feelings.
Of course, we had a picnic in in the park next door and she played for over an hour before heading home. I was a bit disappointed that I discovered she will no longer transfer from the car to her crib without waking. She only slept 10 minutes in the car and then played in her crib for over an hour.
It was such a beautiful day out I let the kids play on the school play ground before heading home. 
Phoenix always wants to do everything that Axel does.
I think they are the cutest brother and sister ever!
The kids were so good on Friday that I even treated them to popcorn while watching Potty Bear. When daddy got home and saw that I had made popcorn we decided to have a date night for the first time in a long time. We enjoyed a nice bowl of popcorn and a movie as well!
Axel has 4 days off of school starting this coming Friday. We are planning on visiting Auntie on Friday and should have a fun park day on Monday if the weather holds out. The following week our little angel will be turning 2! We are getting excited for her upcoming milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment