The day after Christmas we headed to one of our local big parks, called Vasona Park.
The kids have fun playing on the play structure and looking at the local geese and ducks.
We had a nice walk through the park on this cold winter day.
Axel was so tired from running up the steep hill on the way back to the car he decided to lie down. When Phoenix finally caught up she decided to lie down just like big brother. Then Axel said lets roll down the hill and before he could finish his thought Phoenix started to roll down the hill. Luckily I was there to catch her.
Phoenix has gone poop in the potty a couple of times. This was her second time. She was very proud..
as was big brother. We decided to try to potty train her starting today, January 1st. So far she has sat on the potty about 6 times with no pee or poop. She had one pee accident while standing in Louis's room. She knew she had to go and was doing a great job of holding it until she starting crying. I wouldn't let her on the office chair because I didn't want her to pee on it. Good thing I went with my instinct. She is now taking a nap with her underwear on and a diaper cover over it (because I don't want to have to change her sheets!) I think we will try for a couple more days and if she gets the hang of it we might be done with diapers. If she doesn't get the hang of it I will wait a few months and try again.
Phoenix has been cutting teeth all month. I think I put in one post a month ago that she was on her last tooth, but I misspoke. She has cut all 4 of her canine teeth. One is fully in and the other three are on their way. After they come in her second year molars I assume will be on there way.
We decided to try Chinese food. Keith and I have never had Chinese food together in all of the years we have been together. We were pleasantly surprised that the kids enjoyed the seafood claypot that we got as well as the fried rice and chow mein. We had to be very careful. Apparently they add chicken broth and powder to their dishes. We were lucky that they were able to make all the dishes without chicken and therefore Pheeny friendly. She is still very allergic to chicken.
Axel did not like the fortune cookie though! Bummer!
Yesterday we opened up a savings account for Phoenix. She got El Toro the legendary horse for opening her account. We plan on counting their money this weekend.
They were absolute angels for having to wait as long as they did at the bank!
We ended the year with family bath time (the kids are washing daddy), sushi (yes the kids ate sushi too!) and tirmasu!
We are looking forward to lots more family time the next 4 days. We want to wish all of our family and friends a Happy and Blessed New Year as well!












No comments:
Post a Comment