Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

We have had a wonderful relaxing day today. We enjoyed delicious pumpkin pancakes and lattes for breakfast with a huge fruit salad. Phoenix loves to do everything that Axel does. Axel is extremely charming as he not only shares his chair, but he also shares his food.
                                           
If you look closely at this picture you can see a big bruise on Phoenix's forehead. She had quite a rough day this past Thursday, but I will get to that in a second.
                                            
After breakfast Keith and I went for a nice ride together. When we got home Phoenix was still napping so the Axel and Keith picked me lovely flowers. The small vase is from Phoenix and the large vase is from Axel. They are absolutely beautiful. I love how excited Axel gets when he gets to give them to me.                            

                                            
Once Pheeny woke from her nap we played a bit at Marshall Lane Elementary (until Axel had to use the bathroom) and then we played in the park across the street from our house.
 It was a lovely day, although Phoenix did come down with a cold and went to bed just after 5pm. 

Before I get to earlier this week I wanted to include a picture of a few of our decorations from Tyler and Cynthia's baby shower. Axel helped me with the thing 1 and thing 2 puppets as well as the diaper cake. Keith did a great job with the cupcakes. 
Here is a not so good picture of how the shower began with the kids dressed nicely. Within 20 minutes Phoenix had her dress covered in blue chalk so I quickly changed her into "play clothes", which was good since she splashed and spilled all of the bubble solution for giant bubbles. I can't get upset because I love that she likes to play hard and experiment with anything and everything.
On Wednesday while Axel was in his hip hop class, Phoenix managed to ride the mini merry go round for the first time.
She has been eyeing it for over a month now. She lucked out because I needed to call daddy back and the merry go round just happened to be going. Although she looks a bit worried, she absolutely loved it and didn't want to get off.
On Thursday we went to the library for new books and managed to catch the first half of story time, while we waited for Auntie to arrive. The kids had fun as usual. I was a bit worried because Phoenix had slipped on her pj's and fell back and hit her head. She threw up a bit of her breakfast, which made it a little scary for me. We left early to make it home for Auntie's arrival at 11am.
Auntie came to pick up the phone desk/table that has been in our family for years. It has been passed around for some time. I was sad to see it go, but I knew she would want it back at some point. Regardless of the reason for their visit, it was a great excuse to see both of them. Braylin is growing up quickly and is already starting to cruise sideways. She is quite adorable and Axel had fun playing with her and eating her food. He was never able to eat the baby puffs because of his allergies. He enjoyed them as much as Braylin does :)
After Auntie and Braylin left we headed to Axel's tap and ballet dance class. When we were waiting for Axel at the door when class was over, Phoenix bent over to grab something she dropped and hit her head really hard on the door jam. I have never seen her cry so hard. I was able to get ice upstairs at the juice shop, but she didn't let me ice very long. Once we were home she didn't really want to eat dinner, but was interested in the salad that I was eating. She was so excited to eat salad with me (she was sitting on my lap) that she rocked herself back and forth and hit her lip on the wood salad bowl. She did this twice and gave herself a fat lip. On top of all this, after explaining to daddy the rough day she had and how important it was for her to not fall again, he turned his back on her and she fell off a kitchen chair and hit her head again! I couldn't believe it. I was so frustrated for her. Luckily she calmed down quickly and after a few minutes of cuddling she was her usual self. We monitored her for the next few hours and she woke up her happy self. I was extremely glad for the day to be over. Hopefully, we won't have one of those days for a long time!

On Friday I volunteered all day at Axel's school. He brought farm animals from home for his show and tell. They are learning about farm animals this month and are encouraged to bring in anything from home to show and tell. Axel had fun talking about his stuffed cows, horses, dog, cat, and pig.
Axel and Phoenix absolutely adore each other. Axel is an amazing big brother and Phoenix is just as loving and giving.
She regularly goes up to Axel to give him a hug. She also regularly takes his toys, but both Axel and I have learned she mostly does this for attention. She wants to be chased and squeals with delight for any reason that one of us chase her, even if Axel is mad that she has the toy he is playing with.
These two picture were taken after we picked up Phoenix from daycare on Friday. She missed Axel so much she wanted to give him several hugs. After Phoenix ate a snack we headed over to Marshall Lane for a game and festival commencing the walk athon they had earlier in the day. The only picture I managed to take was Phoenix walking towards me with my water bottle. We played for over an hour on the play structure and then headed home for bath and bed time.





No comments:

Post a Comment