Axel has been attending the Hip Hop class on Wednesday nights and Tape and Ballet combo on Thursday nights. He absolutely loves it! We now have a dance floor set up in the play room.
Both Axel and Phoenix take turns dancing. Axel's dance teachers are both impressed with his natural rhythm and how well he is picking up the "moves". The Dance Zone's annual dance recital is June 21st and the classes are now really geared towards preparing the students for this recital. Despite this Axel is a trooper and not only studies the moves while he is in class, even if he doesn't get them, but now practices at home. Keith and I are really proud of him.
Phoenix loves to climb over things and through things. Here she is climbing under her activity table.
Phoenix is very loving as well. She is constantly carrying around one of her animals or dolls. It is very cute!Just like Axel she is already showing signs of not wanting to sit in her high chair. She is learning that she needs to sit in the big chair instead of standing. She finally took her first fall from this exact chair a couple of days ago. I knew it was bound to happen. I definitely think Phoenix is going to be one of those kids who is going to have to learn some lessons the hard way. Yes, that is how incredibly strong willed and stubborn this girl is!
On Thursday we headed to Sadie's house for a play date. She lives close to Rancho San Antonio Open Preserve where they have a farm.
It was over a mile walk each way. The kids had fun playing in many of the trees. Here Sadie and Axel were pretending that we couldn't see them. They were tree monsters or maybe I was suppose to be the tree monster and try to get them. I always get so confused with all of Axel's rules :)
Phoenix loves playing with the big kids. She had fun playing inside the tree as well. I absolutely love her enthusiasm at everything she does.
We made it to the farm and saw dairy cows, sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits, pigs, ducks and geese.
It is funny how things like this don't get old for Axel. He has been there now close to half a dozen times and he loves it just the same as the first time he went.
Phoenix absolutely loved the animals. This was her first time here and ......
she loved checking out everything at her own pace.
I had to capture the triplet goats that were born on March 25th. I thought it was a precious moment to seem them cuddling with each other in the sun.
On the way back Sadie and Axel requested to go in the big tree stump they had in previous visits. Afterwards we played at Sadie's house and then came home for Pheeny's nap. For the second day in a row Phoenix took a 3 hour nap! She has only done this a handful of times in her life so I assume she must have grown an inch or developed more vocabulary during these marathon naps. She is talking more, but she tends to save the language for when she is having fun playing or if she feels very comfortable. She tends to observe more and rely on her physical strengths rather than use her words willingly all of the time. Her current list of words is as follows: apple, Axel, ouch, huh-oh, ball, bottle, spoon, cheerios, shoes, up, down, mama, dadda, out, bath time, go, poopoo, this, it's, doggie, "caw" for crow and all birds, "quack" for duck and bye, bye. I am sure she has other words, but I can' t think of anymore at this time.
Grandma Sonia sent Phoenix 5 pair of shoes she picked up at her local Good will. Phoenix absolutes loves shoes and now wears different shoes throughout the day. Once she is over having so many wonderful shoes she will have to get use to the no shoes in the house rule again :)
Phoenix loves to climb into her chair at night and wait for me to read her books. She isn't always able to have the attention span for the books, but she loves the idea of reading books and often will sit and talk to herself looking through her books. She is by far one of the happiest and easy going babies/ toddlers I have ever met. She absolutely makes my heart melt with love and joy looking at her love for life and everything that she does.
Yesterday we celebrated our good friends future twin girls. We had so much fun that I forgot to take pictures the entire 5+ hours that we were there. Luckily, it was a success and everyone had a great time. The decorations which Axel and I worked hard on were loved by all and Daddy's yummy cupcakes were devoured. I will hopefully include a picture of these next time. Until then....have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment