Sunday, April 13, 2014

More Spring Fun

On the last blog I mentioned Axel's 5 year check up. Here are Axel and Phoenix walking up the ramp to enter the building. They walked all the way from the parking lot into the Pediatric department holding hands. It was one of those proud parent moments for me.
While I was filling out a questionnaire Axel and Phoenix looked at the fish. Again, Axel was very sweet making sure Phoenix could see as well as he could.
After the appointment Axel happily grabbed Pheeny's hand and they walked all the way to the car again hand in hand. I love how much they love each other. Axel's seems to be maturing the past few weeks. He no longer seems to be competing with Phoenix for attention. Which is great for both kids!
We had a low key weekend last weekend because of the crazy birthday weekend, the week before and the fact that I took a continuing education course on Thursday and Friday of this week. Attending the course made this past week a 45 hour work week for me. It was difficult staying up late to do laundry and cleaning that I normally do on Thursdays and Fridays. I missed my extra time with Axel and Phoenix which reinforced how lucky I am to work 3 days a week!

 It has been an especially long 10 days for me because I decided to go cold turkey on the bottle 10 days ago. The first 3 days were especially rough. Phoenix was up off and on all night it seemed. She was so angry at me she decided, if I wasn't going to allow her the bottle, she was done with the sippy cup too. Luckily, she wants to learn how to drink from a big girl cup and is okay using a straw.

The positive from all of this is she is essentially sleeping through the night. She often cries in her sleep for 10-20 minutes 1-3x/night and 2 of the 10 nights the sleep crying escalated to real crying because she was hungry. Both times I offered her milk, which she refused. Both times she refused to sleep until I handed her half a slice of bread. Yes I feel like they were bad mommy moments and I pray that it doesn't become a habit, but I knew she was hungry and sometimes us mommies do anything for sleep :)

Yesterday we attended a birthday party of another child that goes to the same daycare as Axel and Phoenix. Axel and Phoenix had fun playing with Keiko's toys and other daycare kids.
Axel was able to play with Brandon who use to go to Axel's daycare, but is now in kindergarten.
Phoenix had fun we Keiko's toys as well!
Especially this bouncing horse or donkey. I included a video of her giggling away while playing on this toy!

Phoenix is also really into coloring and trying to paint. So when she saw the easel at the party it was no surprise to Keith and I that she starting coloring away. The only thing that we have to work on is getting her to not chew on them once she gets bored.
This afternoon Keith and I were able to do a nice ride together after spending all morning with the kiddos. We had a nice family weekend. I wanted to include this picture because this sums up our house on a regular basis. Here Phoenix is eating away as Axel and Daddy goof off. If you look closely Axel has a raisin in his nose and daddy is trying to get his back into his nose so I can snap a photo of the two silly Szolushas.
I think I have mentioned many times how strong willed Phoenix is and how she wants to do everything herself. Well, after a couple of months of battling off and on with her she is finally starting to master feeding herself. She mostly does well when she is really hungry. Sometimes when she is bored with what she is eating or she is done she starts to throw it or dumps it out of the bowl and on to the floor. She is always really cute about it and says "AH OH", but I am definitely looking forward to cleaning less in a few months.


Here is a cute video of Phoenix cracking up while playing with the bouncing horse.
Check back soon for Easter Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment