Yesterday after story time at the library Axel had his friend, Connor, over for a play date. I wasn't able to catch a picture of the boys, but I did snap a picture of Phoenix trying to play with the car track/ramp just like the boys. The rest of the time I was managing Phoenix from getting in the way of the two boys playing.
After his play date we headed over to the Dance Zone for Axel's first dance class. He wanted to try the ballet/tap combo class so that is what we did. The class if for 5-7 year old.He was by far the smallest kid and according to the head lady he is the only male to participate in any tap or ballet class.
Parents were not allowed to be in the room, but we could watch through a window outside the room. The pictures are blurry because of this, but I am glad I was still able to take pictures of his first experience in any formal extra curricular activity.
I was really impressed at how well he did and how much fun he had. He wants to continue. I am going to have him borrow tap and ballet shoes for another few weeks and also have him try the hip hop class at least once before we make a full commitment. I am excited to see what the future holds for my favorite little guy!
When we got home yesterday from the dance class I found a package on our door step. Keith's Aunt Lois and Uncle Paul sent Axel birthday presents. I let him open it up this morning. He immediately started painting with one of his gifts. He was very excited for the late birthday present and loved everything! Thanks Aunt Lois and Uncle Paulie.
Today Axel had an Easter celebration at school. All of the kids were Eater bunnies and apparently the Easter bunny stopped by to hide a hundred and fifty five eggs for the kids to find.
Earlier in the week Easter baskets were made and once everyone lined up and was accounted for the kids were let loose to find 5 eggs each.
Axel quickly got to work and was able to find his 5 eggs in a matter of minutes.
Phoenix patiently watched.
And Axel made sure he had 5 eggs and not any more or less.
And then he headed back to the wall to wait for his other classmates.
Connor and Axel compared their cool eggs.
And then it was snack time where all of the kids feasted on hard boiled eggs and sweats. Axel enjoyed a cookie I brought him while Phoenix snacked on the carrots.
After watching all of the kids sit and eat, Phoenix decided to find a chair so she can enjoy her carrots sitting like the other kids.
Later today we will color Easter eggs and then we will have a fun Easter egg hunt in our park like last year. I was hoping we would be able to make it to church, but we decided we are going to go help finalize Tyler and Cynthia's baby shower on Saturday night instead. We are helping with all of the games and food as they are busy trying to prepare their house and lives for their two future girls expected to arrive anywhere between 6 and 11 weeks from now.
Check back soon for more Easter fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment