Saturday we woke with the excitement for the days events. I however, was worried about Phoenix who hadn't slept without being rocked to sleep since we left our house over three days before. Grammy Carol appeared to be a bit stressed that Phoenix didn't want to go to sleep when Keith and I were out the night before. I felt like it was my duty as a mom to help Phoenix get back on track. Therefore, I let Phoenix 'cry it out' for her morning nap on Saturday. My patience paid off and Phoenix took a 2 hour nap and then a 45 minute nap later in the day and was able to put herself to sleep within 5 minutes for her second nap and for bed that night.
After Phoenix's stellar nap we headed to the 'Rec' for the day event of Keith's high school reunion. Families were suppose to get together for a picnic and games, but again many people who planned to attend didn't make it because of the morning rain. Four families showed up, which happened to include two of Keith's closest friends. We had fun playing "Pig"for a couple of hours and then headed back to the hotel to rest and shower before the night's event.
After putting Phoenix down for the night and getting Axel ready for bed Keith and I took off and headed to the reunion. Keith and I had a great time. There was about 70 people, 40 classmates that attended, which was a good turn out for there class of 140.
Here is Keith and his best friend since 4 years old, Matt.
Two other very close friends of Keith, Chris and Jamie are pictured below with their wives. Jessica, Colleen and I had a blast talking and dancing while our spouses reminisced about the past.
Here is a group shot at the end of the night with the classmates that were still there.
Sunday morning we dipped in the pool while waiting to go on Jamie's parent's boat. Phoenix was a natural in the water. She kicked away on her stomach and back while I held her with one hand.
She inspired Axel to lay his head back in the water and try swimming without his turtle. By the end of the day he was jumping off the side by himself with his floating turtle, put his head back to float on his back and try swimming. He improved so much over the three days that we were at the hotel.
Sunday afternoon we went on Jamie's boat. Axel was extremely brave and jumped right into the lake with daddy. Keith and I were really impressed with how much he has overcome his fears.
Hopefully, I will capture some pictures of them playing. We are headed back to Brookline tomorrow and then back home on Wednesday night. Hopefully, the airlines have caught up and we won't be delayed, otherwise we won't arrive home until early Thursday morning.
Check back soon for more vacation adventures as we head off to a fun wedding weekend in Cloverdale next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment