Saturday, July 13, 2013

Birthdays and More

The kids and I checked out a new park in Palo Alto that Axel fell in love with. We met my girlfriend, Tiffany, and her two kids there. The park had this cool sand area that had a cement tunnel with holes in it that the kids could climb out of. It also had a bridge that Axel had fun climbing over while hanging off of the side.
 While brother had fun playing in the sand, Phoenix and I chilled with the other babies and chatted a bit. Unfortunately, we were not able to stay very long, but loved the park so much we plan on going back as soon as we can find time!
 Daddy and Axel watched the NBA finals together and for some reason the two things that Axel took away from watching the basketball games were 1. that he likes cheer leaders and 2. he liked Birdman's hair and wanted a mohawk of his own. Since we have had a streak of hot weather I had wanted to cut his hair anyways, we decided to leave the top of his hair long and cut his sides. Here is the finished product.
Just in case you were wondering the above events were on Thursday, June 27th. On Friday, my birthday, the kids and I had a fun day at home and then daddy came home to take me out to dinner. this was the first time since we had kids that Keith and I had a date out to a restaurant. The only other dates we have had were to his company party each year and to one Halloween party three years ago. We enjoyed a nice dinner at the wine cellar together and a short walk around downtown Los Gatos and then went home to relieve our babysitter.
Phoenix is becoming more and more aware of her surrounding and stronger and stronger. She recently discovered her toes. Because she is into sucking and biting on everything, she decided to try sucking on her toes. Funny thing is, since then, she only plays with them, rather than sucking on them.
Axel and Phoenix still adore each other. I love seeing them play together. I can just see how much Phoenix wants to already do everything that brother does. And I know, that Axel can't wait until she can actually "do something" with him.
Axel continues to have an amazing imagination and ability to put together full ideas. Here is a picture of a little house with a sun, sky, fence and birds. there is one round window a crib, a high chair and a bunk bed. This house is for kids only and the crib is for his future baby and the bunk bed is for him and Phoenix. I just love his imagination and stories!
On the 4th of July we took a visit to go see Touis because I had to work a full day of work on July 5th.
Axel and daddy played some pool while Phoenix and mommy watched.
We enjoyed some good good and playing with squirt guns,
while Touis enjoyed chewing on a bone. He looked great and hadn't changed a bit. He was begging for food just like he use to.  It was great to see him doing so well. It was also amazing to see that he hadn't forgotten us. He is such a sweet, loving dog.
The kids were absolutely exhausted on the way home. They both fell asleep as soon as we were on the road.

It is such a rare occurrence to have both kids sleeping at the same time. Keith and I always feel like we are on a date because we can talk to each other uninterrupted.
It has been hot, hot, hot in the 90's for weeks. We were able to enjoy our neighbors pool while we took care of their chickens because they were out of town for the long holiday weekend.
On Sunday night we celebrated daddy's birthday. I made him tiramisu and Axel made him an awesome monster truck pop up card. Monday, July 8th, was daddy's actual birthday, but because it was a work day and we were getting ready for our trip to the east coast we didn't have much time to celebrate. Stay tuned for more fun pictures of our trip to the east coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment