Phoenix turns 4 months today! She weighs 12 lbs 5 oz and is 24.75 inches, which puts her in the 13th and 63rd percentile, respectively. This past week she suffered her first cold, but she is finally on the mend. Last night was the first night that both kids slept until 3:30am and they were both back to sleep by 4am. It was a great night of sleep for the entire house since we are all trying to get healthy.
Today is the big day where I plan on trying to give Phoenix a bottle of 100% Neocate. Wish us luck. I am hoping it will be a smooth transition. I started eating without restrictions at the end of last week. It took a couple of days to get myself use to eating dairy and other starches, but now my body has transitioned well. I ate a huge bowl of berry salad this weekend, sipped a latte at breakfast, and had an ice cream peanut butter sundae for desert one night, all with a huge smile on my face. I feel blessed to be able to eat any foods that I want, unlike my children.
Speaking of allergies, Axel loves the bread and oatmeal pancakes that I made him and is excited to try our first batch of corn, rice, wheat free cookies that we are going to make tonight. He is transitioning well and getting use to what he can and cannot have. His skin continues to improve. Last night was the first night in weeks that he only woke once and was able to put himself back to sleep fairly quickly. I think half of it is mental and half of it is physical. I was extremely proud of him.
I was also extremely proud of Axel because he had a bowel movement yesterday at daycare and went and wiped himself without any help. He did this at home last week as well. For him to take initiative and want to do a big boy thing like wiping his bottom is a huge milestone for him. I hope that it will continue. He has also put aquaphor on himself a handful of times over the past week,which is a huge step for him as well.
Phoenix started rolling in both directions a couple of days ago when placed on her stomach. Here is a video of her rolling from her stomach to her back. She is very attentive like Axel was and is. She is mesmerized by Axel's train in this video.
I have a few cute videos of her watching the train go around and around, but wanted to post a video of her and Axel laughing at each other instead. It is not a great video for watching, but it is a fun one to listen to. Everyone who meets Phoenix cannot believe how smiley and happy she is. The doctor yesterday was just another example, when Dr. Vicki Chou said that her cooing and smile, "melts my heart". One of my girlfriends who doesn't want kids said that if she was guaranteed one like Phoenix she would consider having a child :) Next time I will try to get a video of Phoenix's face while she is laughing, smiling and cooing, but for now you will just have to imagine her face as you hear her laugh!
Axel managed to play with Max for an hour last week. The boys had fun climbing and hanging on the play structure. They also had fun rolling down the slide. It is fun to see Axel become more brave, but at the same time it is hard for me to let go and not worry that he is going to hurt himself.
I guess we all have to learn are own limits by doing. And he will figure out what he can and cannot do just like we all did. Hopefully, it will only consists of scrapes and cuts and no broken bones :)
We hope you all enjoy your long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment