Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy 80th Birthday GG

Before we jump to my Grandma's 80th Birthday and Party I will update you on our very fun and action packed Memorial Day weekend. The weekend started off by purchasing Axel a big boy, twin mattress. He was so excited to pick out his sheets at Target on Thursday. I let him pick out the color. It took over 10 minutes for him to decide. He finally decided on red. He also wanted pink and yellow, but I think he realized that his bed was red and he wanted to match it.
Once we had the sheets washed and the bed converted Axel was even more excited that he was finally a bigger boy, ready for a big boy mattress. He also figured out his little polka dotted blanket that he has been sleeping with for the past two years or more is just too small. He decided the Winnie the Pooh Blanket was okay for the first night, but he realized the big red blanket that I tried to convince him to get wasn't such a bad idea after all. So his bed currently has twin red sheets and a nice flannel red blanket on top.
All memorial day weekend Keith and I finished putting up the sheet rock, spackeled and taped the garage. We put in some long hours in order to finish Sunday night. I was really proud of Keith pushing through. It is not necessarily a trait of his to be type A like myself and stay up all night to get something done just for the sake of getting it done. We worked until 10:30pm Sunday night when we had the intention of stopping at 6pm for dinner. I actually cooked dinner and bathed Axel while Keith worked and then Keith came in and ate and put Axel to bed while I worked. When I was done at 10:00pm he went back out to find any areas I missed while I showered. It was great team work! Next phase is priming and painting. Our goal is to be done by the end of the month. It will take one weekend to prime and the following weekend we will paint. It is funny how long projects take when there is fun to be had, especially now that summer is here.
Speaking of fun, Memorial day started with Max's birthday party. We all had a blast. Axel and Max play extremely well together, despite being 10 months apart. I believe Max put his arm around Axel half a dozen time over the 3 hours that we were there. Of course, it was impossible to catch it on film. I had a hard enough time getting photos that were not blurry, let alone a cute moment.
Axel loves birthday cake. He announced to everyone at the party that he likes the frosting the best. :)
Axel has matured so much in the past few months. He is great at sharing and not being upset when others open gifts. He loves to help out and enjoys seeing others have fun.
This Thursday was my Grandma Millie's 80th birthday. She really wanted all of the Goldstein's/family to get together for her birthday. This is the first birthday party that we have every had for her that I can remember. We were all looking forward to making it a special day for her. Grandma Susan did all of the hard work. She prepared all of the food and bought the group gift of a new 1100 watt microwave. She also brought gifts for Axel. Here she is reading one of them :)
Because we hardly ever get together I wanted to include a picture of everyone that was there so that my Grandma could access them (minus two of Grandma's friends, because I didn't get a picture of them). Auntie and Uncle Ryan.
Aunt Cindy and Kaylee (Carrie's daughter) and Axel's "favorite cousin"
My cousin Carrie who we haven't seen in sometime. It was great seeing her and catching up.
Uncle David
My cousin James, his wife Denise and their little girl, Vanessa who is almost 7 months.
Grandpa Brian, tucked behind Axel eating GG's yummy birthday cake (brought by Aunt Cindy).
And the birthday girl herself!
Unfortunately, My Aunt Susan was unable to attend because she is still very ill and in the hospital. We were glad that she was doing well enough for Uncle David and James to attend though. We had such a great time and although it was a long day of driving it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment