Sunday, November 20, 2011

Szolusha Family Thanksgiving meal!

Happy Thanksgiving! We are in full holiday mode after the completion of our big feast last night. It has been a tradition for the 5 years that I have been with Keith to get together with his close friends for a pre-Thanksgiving meal. Tyler and Cynthia were initially the hosts, but Keith and I took over last year. It has grown from a gathering of 6 to a gathering of 16 adults and 5 kids!

Keith took the day off on Friday so that we could prepare for our 21 guests. Because we don't have a big table or enough chairs we always rent tables and chairs for the occasion. We were able to get the dining room set and the pumpkin pies made. We also managed to prep the devilled eggs, the sweet potatoes, russet potatoes and all of the veggies for the dressing with the help of Tyler and Cynthia, on Friday night. They went back and forth with helping in the kitchen to playing with Axel. Without them, I don't think we could have done it stress free and with a smile on our faces so we want to give them a BIG THANK YOU!

They were also a huge help yesterday. They sacrificed sleep to get up early in order to watch Axel, while Keith and I raced to the top of King's Mountain. Pictured above is Axel helping me make our pre-Thanksgiving breakfast of pancakes.

The race ride up King's Mountain was the 8th out of the 9 low key hill climbs, that I mentioned last week. We had a huge team turnout with an honorary member for the day, Stiffler, (a.k.a Mike) who is father to a new pair of twins! We had a great time and couldn't have done it without the help of our great friends! We feel so blessed to have such gracious, giving friends!

Here is a picture of me holding one of the 3 month old twins, Josephine. If you look closely in the background you can see Cynthia holding the other twin, Dillinger.

I did not do a great job of taking pictures since I was so busy cooking and cleaning and visiting with our friends yesterday. Keith did managed to get a few pictures at the top of the mountain. Here is our tuckered out little Axel.

This is a picture of 12 members of our fun Low Key Hill Climb team, "The Brown Zone".

And since I haven't put up a "family" picture in awhile here is the best that we can do for now :) Too bad Axel refused to look at the camera.....poor sleepy child!

We want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving! May God Bless you and your families during this time we our extra grateful for all of our Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment