Daddy was so excited for us to arrive home Saturday night. We had a big day of Halloween festivities for Sunday. Daddy wanted to take Axel to the pumpkin patch since he hadn't had the chance to go with us yet. Axel, of course couldn't argue about another chance to pet the pigs and goats.
We actually had the privilege of watching the pigs being caught and caged as the Pumpkin patch would be closing after sun down. The big lesson we learned is that pigs don't like to be picked up and boy can they squeal loudly!
once we got home from the pumpkin patch we immediately started carving the pumpkin. Axel was absolutely excited. He couldn't wait to draw the face and carve it out.
He was a little annoyed with all of the gutting of the pumpkin. I didn't realize how big our pumpkin was! Oops!
The next day I brought Axel to school with his Dalmatian costume and a vegan chocolate cake. His daycare does a great job of celebrating every holiday. The kids were going to the high school to trick or treat around the classrooms. I was really apprehensive at how Axel would do. Last year they went on a Friday so I was able to go with him and he didn't exactly have fun. Well when I arrived after work I was informed that he didn't go! What!! My poor child refused to go and thus stayed home with the baby, while the other kids went. I felt so bummed for him.
Somehow on the way home, whatever I said, helped change Axel's mind about getting dressed up and going trick or treating. He couldn't wait for daddy to get home so that we could go. He even ate dinner with his costume half on.
We went to our new neighbor's house, next door, to see if they were taking their son trick or treating. They moved in just a few days prior. We were in luck and they were just getting ready to head out. Axel and his new friend, Rashawn, were absolutely adorable.
They hit it off right away. Rashawn is 2 weeks older than Axel, so we are all hoping they become great friends over the years.
A funny side note is that Axel had so much fun trick or treating on Halloween night he woke up the next day and asked to put his costume on. He said he wanted to go trick or treating with his friends at school. It was a bit of a sad let down to tell him that he would have to wait until next year to go trick or treating with his school mates. Good thing is daddy convinced him that Thanksgiving was just around the corner which meant that the Grinch was coming back. That saved some tears and put a big smile on Axel's face. For those of you who don't know the Grinch is Axel's favorite movie. I think it is because that was the first TV/movie I let him watch, so he watched it almost every day for months! We had to say good bye to the Grinch in early March because I didn't want the Grinch to loose its charm.
Have a great weekend and make sure to check out the previous post I just did as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment