Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gramma and Grampa Burgess visit!

After the festivities of Axel's birthday party we were blessed with a wonderful visit from my parents. Axel had so much fun hanging out and playing with the two of them. I took them to Axel's favorite park. Axel took no time at all to show them around.

First, he took them to his favorite spot.....the sand!

And then to the other sand area.

And then onto the play structure.

After Axel's nap we headed to Los Gatos and Axel flew a kite for the first time. Sorry for the picture quality, but this was the only picture I was able to capture.

Before leaving for dinner, Axel wanted to show Gramma/pa the sea room and somehow I managed to show some hand me downs from a fellow cyclist that ended up being Axel's apparel for the evening.

Yep, that is right. Axel was a Dalmatian for the evening. He loved it! The costume is a 2T so I think it should fit him perfect by Halloween.

After hanging out in the park we went to our favorite...and only restaurant that we go to (once a year or so), The Pastaria. Axel did well, for not having much experience with the eating out thing.

It seemed like a lot of work and I am not sure Keith and I could have done it alone. Here Sonia is drawing and teaching Axel, but more importantly entertaining him!

Although there trip was only for a day, we really enjoyed it and are looking forward to our Chicago trip in July!

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading. I just want to give a shout out to my awesome cousin Michaela who is running 50 miles today and my other cousin Kristi who is having a baby any minute. Good luck the two of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment