First, the sippy cup thing, which is not a big deal, but still another change in his ever changing world. Here he is concentrating on putting the straw together.
The potty training thing is a very big deal. He seems completely ready. He can hold his urine, he knows when he has to go both number 1 and 2 and he enjoys using the potty at times. This past week he has been going pee 3 times per day on his potty. The only bummer thing about this is he only wants to use the potty when I am changing his diaper. I can't seem to get him to break his play to go. He actually yells "no potty", if I ask him if he has to go while he is engrossed in playing.
This morning I changed his diaper first thing, like always, but I knew he would have to go poop within the next few minutes. He told me he had to go poopies, but he didn't want to go on his potty. He wanted to play with his puzzles. I brought the puzzles and placed them on the big toilet and sat him on his potty so that he could do the puzzles while going number 2. Well, he threw such a fit that daddy got out of bed to make sure everything was okay. So, he refused to go and then he refused to put a diaper on. I was okay with the no diaper thing, as long as he went in the potty and not his pants. Well, I continued to ask him while he was playing and he continued to respond no. As soon as I left his side when daddy woke up and came to play Axel said, "water". there was this puddle of water coming from Axel's foot. That is weird I thought...Axel is completely dry and the puddle didn't smell or look like urine on the towel. 5 minutes later Axel said water again. I came back into the room not only to find another puddle, but I smelled poopies! Axel!!!! I couldn't help but laugh at this situation. I was laughing so hard, that Axel started laughing at me dumping his poop from his pajama leg into the toilet. We went straight to the bath tub. The floor, Axel and the tub were all cleaned in no time, but the thing that worries me is if we go cold turkey with no diapers during the day, what is going to change, that is going to get Axel to go to the bathroom, instead of continuing his play? I am sure day care will have the answers. They said they were going to start in March, so that could be this week, next week or the following week. We will just have to wait and see.
On the topic of potty training. Can you believe that only one or two brands carry 18 month sized underwear? And no stores have them in stock. I have to get Axel's underwear on line and pay $10 for 3 pairs, plus shipping and tax! Outrageous! 2T underwear are for kids 28-32 lbs. 18 month underwear are for kids 24-28lbs. Axel is 20.5 lbs. I know that Axel is not the smallest kid who has ever gotten potty trained so what do other mothers do?
So, I am not sure if you read the news, but apparently we were suppose to get the worst winter storm since 1976 to hit the bay area. Well, the storm fell short of what they promised. Yes, it was cold, low 30's, and yes it snowed down to 500feet elevation, but the winds and rain were nothing like they promised. It was sunny and in the 50's by mid day on Friday and sunny and mid 40's on Saturday, which was suppose to be the "horrible storm". Sooooo disappointing. I guess Keith and I are going to have to work to get Axel to see snow. Maybe next year we won't be so lazy and will take Axel up North.
Here is Axel playing in the water on Friday. It was suppose to be a down pour. Can you see how beautiful it was outside?
No comments:
Post a Comment