Axel is 20 months old and that much closer to the big number 2. Axel is continuing to develop at a rapid pace. He is officially running and no longer fast walking. He is also able to jump when holding on to an object. After using his cousin's trampoline Axel is now able to jump when holding onto other objects. Before he would always bend his knees but never get air.
Axel's vocabulary becomes more astounding every day. He loves to say multiple syllable words, like fantastic, elephant, octopus, touch down, broken, basketball. It is the cutest thing in the world to hear him try to say these words. Of course, they are not said perfectly, but you can definitely tell what the word is. Every now and then he will say a word or short sentence with perfect clarity. Moments like these make us do a double take.
Grandpa and Grandma are especially pleased that he is able to say their names now. Axel sometimes calls both of them grandpa, but know one is keeping track :) Speaking of Grandpa and Grandma, we had a great time this past week working on the house, taking Axel on Adventures and just playing around the house. Unfortunately, several activities were cancelled as Axel came down with a stomach virus, a.k.a the flu. Yes, you heard me right....after two colds in a row, vomiting from an antibiotic and only two days of being well he is sick again. We are now on day five of the flu. I am praying that he makes it through day care tomorrow without throwing up so I can make it through my work day without cancelling on patients.
On top of Axel's stomach bug he is also cutting tooth number 12. It seems like it has been months since all 4 first molars came in. I am excited he is getting his 4th bottom tooth and will have a more even smile with 4 front top and bottom teeth.
The big trips were on Monday and Wednesday to the San Francisco Bay Aquarium and San Jose Discovery Museum, respectively. The Discovery Museum was awesome! I can't believe I waited so long to take Axel when my fellow parents have been telling me to go for over a year. We all had tons of fun. I think Grandpa and Grandma even more than Axel :) All of the pictures I have are from the Discovery Museum. Unfortunately, I didn't get any at the aquarium, but it wasn't too exciting anyways.
Here are Grandpa and Axel driving the fire truck.
Playing with the magic air and ball trick :)
Grandma and Axel walking along the movable walkway.
And Grandpa and Grandma being silly making their face and hand impressions.
We had a great visit with Dad and Sonia and were sad to see them go. They were such a great help. We hung pictures, made drapes, put door stops in, filled holes and put in new light fixtures. The list goes on. Thanks again!
I leave you with Grandpa and Axel!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment