As I say every week Axel's vocabulary and ability to communicate gets better by the day. There are words he says that I didn't even know he knew. Like asking us for popcorn.....which is his new favorite food. We think he likes watching it being made more than eating it, but it is just the same as he points to the cabinet where the popcorn machine is and says the word over and over.
This evening when I was giving him a bath he kept saying "wash, wash". I would then put soap on his hand and he would wash a body part. He pretty much knows all of his body parts and loves to show you where they are. Tonight my favorite was, "Butt, mommy, butt," as he pointed to his butt and washed it.
I also had the privilege of flossing his teeth for the first time tonight. He watched me floss and then he wanted to join in the fun as well.
Axel is suffering from another little cold. They are coming one after the other now. Hopefully, it won't be all winter long. The cold hasn't stopped him from playing though. He is getting really good at entertaining himself and doing hours of independent playing. It is really nice for me because I can get lots of house cleaning and cooking done while he plays by himself. He still has to play in the same room that I am in, which I find extremely cute and loving.
Axel and I went to the local high school for trick or treating and a "happy haunted house" on Friday. We met the kids from his daycare. He wasn't super thrilled about wearing his costume or the happy haunted house, but I think it was good exposure to get him use to the holiday for next year.

His daycare then had a little party back at the house. We lasted about 10 minutes before he was bored and ready to head to the grocery store. Axel loves to grocery shop these days. His bubbly personality lite up as he pointed to the pumpkins saying, "pumpkin" and "boo" while pointing to the skeletons and ghosts.

Axel loves the table and chairs at school. We have been looking out for chairs to go with the built in desk in the sun room since the day we moved in our new home. Grandma Susan bought him a lounge chair for the pool and outside this summer. He finally decided to use it during snack time on Friday.


The ironic thing is we finally found chairs sold separately from tables this weekend. (We have run into chairs only being sold with tables and we already have a table). Axel now has two solid chairs for his long play area/desk. Here he is drawing.

He loves to draw and pretend to write. I think he knows his first letter. He wrote it for grandma last week and tonight in the bath tub he pointed to the letter in Ameritech and said "A". It could just be luck, but Grandma was pretty impressed that he was able to write it just as I was!
He loved the chairs so much he pulled them into the family room so that he could sit and watch the game with mommy, daddy and Mr. Sock monkey.

Axel still loves to ride his bike and he still loves to run away when he is naked after bath time. Here is Axel doing both of these loves as he rides his bike from the bath tub to his room!


Axel picked his clothes out yesterday morning. I thought it was really cute how he wanted to wear the flannel Sesame Street pants the grandma made for him.

Today we dressed him up and walked to the grocery store. We had planned on taking him out to trick or treat, but with his cold we decided it was best to put him down early for bed, especially because he only took a 45 minute nap today.

Alright, I am missing the game so I must go and watch the Giants, hopefully win!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment