Axel had the luxury of spending 4 days with Grandma Susan and a couple of days hanging out and playing with Auntie and Ryan. I was shocked when I came home on Saturday night and the first thing I heard out of Axel's mouth was "Ry...an" as he walked towards the bathroom door that Uncle Ryan just happen to be in at the time.
Just a short 30 minutes later as Auntie, Axel and I were playing "I'm going to get you" I heard Axel squeal with delight as he proudly said "Auntie" while falling into her arms. The entire point of the game for Axel was to get caught so he could get some extra smooches and hugs from his favorite Aunt. Grandma Susan did state a little jealous comment on Sunday night when I got home as she said, "He has no problem saying Auntie, but not one peep of Grandma", :)
Well, I have mentioned how good Axel's vocabulary is, but the one word that he chooses not to say is ma, or mama or mommy, which means Grandma may have to wait until mama becomes a regular word. I do hear Axel occasionally say mama, but for some reason he doesn't say it with as much frequency and vigor as all of his other words. Oh, well, patience is a virtue!
Here is Axel and Grandma just before bed. They were like to pees in a pod. Axel was sad to see Grandma go and actually cried and threw a little tantrum about going back into the house and then about getting into the car to go to day care.
Here is a video I promised of Axel bouncing the ball. Unfortunately, it doesn't show how good he is at it now, since this was right after daddy taught him.
Here is the picture I promised that shows how Axel pats Louis and says, "good dog". I wish I had this on video because it is so stinking cute!
Last, here is a video of what we go through almost every time we feed Louis. Axel is getting better about first feeding Louis a kernel or two before shoving a few pieces in his mouth. Luckily, since daddy taught him how to spit he is able to spit it out for me with a little coaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment