Sunday, March 14, 2010

What's up Doc?




Axel continues to explore and learn about his surroundings. He is such a cute investigator. You will see from the dozen or so pictures how much he likes to explore his surroundings! I took a ton of videos this week, but decided to just add the photos so I am terribly sorry there are no videos included in this bloG :)

Here is Axel checking out the box one of his toys came in.

Here is Axel playing in the doggy box. This is where he found the old pink leather dog collar that I showed last week. He loves to carry it around and chew on it.

Axel looking outside....one of his favorite things to do.

Axel trying to go through the doggy door.


Axel finally was strong enough to pull the dominos off of the shelf on our bookcase. He was very excited to discover more teething toys. The dominos are now put away so that the pieces don't magically disappear. Not that Axel would loose them, but anything left on the floor becomes a dog toy and is brought outside! (Bad Louis and Touis :)- )



Axel discovering rocks outside...don't worry I didn't let him eat the rock, but I did let him feel the texture on his tongue! Boys will be boys!




Last I leave you with a demonstration as to why Axel is having trouble learning to walk independently. It is really cute, but after nearly 2 months of this I am a little tired of him crying for mommy's hand instead of just trying or attempting to walk the two feet by himself. Day care thinks it is really funny how scared he is too. This is how it is most days, but once or twice a week he is overly confident and attempts walking by himself all day long. He is actually pretty steady on his feet for about 10 steps or so.
Step 1....Axel cruising along happily!

Step 2.....Axel deciding he doesn't want to cruise the couch, but instead reaches his hand out for assistance.

Step 3....Mommy giving in as Axel starts to cry!

Axel happily walking hand in hand with mommy!


We are still trying to stay afloat. Both Keith and I are feeling better, but still not 100%. Axel's skin is getting better. We are using 2.5% hydrocortisone now which has drastically helped his inflamed skin from the eczema. We are applying this twice a day and the Aquaphor 3 times per day. He appears to be more comfortable and less itchy so we are all happy about that.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Axel is now using the sippy cup 90% of the time. I still give him a bottle if he wakes at night to eat. He slept 12 hours straight two nights in a row, then 10 hours the third night, but is back to 7-8 hours with the need of a bottle. He typically sleeps another 3-4 hours before waking for the day.

I also wanted to mention that his naps have been pretty inconsistent and chaotic over the past couple of weeks. I think it is because he is in a developmental milestone and hopefully, he will get back into a good nap routine shortly. Let's all pray that he masters walking over the next month so we can all sleep and play better!!!!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. We know how hard the eczema can be to get under control...and how uncomfortable it is for the little guys. The routine our doctor shared with us and that we LIVE by when Landon's skin is acting up, is the hydrocortisone RX, then lather on some Cetaphil lotion (it's really gentle) then top that with the Aquaphor. The combo in that order does wonders! The Aquaphor really helps the other stuff set in...not sure if Axel can use Cetaphil or not, but hopefully he can because it is pretty gentle and works well on Landon's sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete