Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New tricks at 10 months of age!!!!


Axel happily turned 10 months this past Sunday, the 31st of January. He is as cute as ever. We took over 100 pictures the past week so this post will be mostly pictures and hopefully a few videos if I am able to download them all. The big accomplishment the past week is Axel is finally able to pull himself up to standing. Yeah!!!!! But.....he needs some assistance in getting starting. All I have to do is bring his knee under him and then he is able to do the rest. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get a good vidoe because Axel was ready for his nap. In the video below he needed a little more assistance and encouragement then he typically needs. I am hoping by the end of this week he will have learned that bringing his knees under him will allow him to get up completely on his own. As you can see from the video he doesn't use much brain power, but does what most of us Burgesses have done with physical taskes.....and that is "muscle it" with bruit force:) I taught him to bring one leg forward and to put one foot flat on the floor in order to help stand, but he rather just dig his little feet into the ground and muscle it up. It is super cute that he often bites the surface he is using to lift himself up as if he is getting extra strength from his jaw.
The other big accomplishment this week is that Axel is finally able to drink from his sippy cup independently. I often have to say "up" for him to remember to tilt his head back in order to consume the water instead of just the air, but I am positive he will have this down pat in the next few days as well. Keith taught Axel how to feed him this past week as well. Here is a cute video of the two of them. I hope Axel will always be as generous as he is with his Cherrios here :)

Oh, Axel had another big accomplishment this week. He finally gets the concept of putting things inside each other. Grammy Goodrow bought Axel cool nesting and stacking blocks for Christmas that he absolutely loves. They entertained him for over 30 minutes the first day I gave them to him. Let's just say Keith was grateful for the gourmet dinner I was able to prepare because of those blocks :) Axel is still completely intrigued by the dogs. He appeared to want to help walk the dogs on Sunday so we were glad to have him give it a try. He managed to help walk Louis to the end of the drive way :) Everyone keeps saying that Axel is looking more like me, but from this picture I think Axel looks a lot like his daddy. Their eyes are almost identical except for the color! We finally took the opportunity to get a naked walking photo. What is cuter than a baby walking or running away from mommy and daddy naked? Axel still loves taking a bath. Grandma Susan sent him his first bath toys. Hopefully, we will remember to buy him more bath toys because I am sure these blinking rubber duckies will get old quickly, but he sures loves them for now! We also received the radio flyer baby walker I ordered today. We were so excited to have Axel try it out we had him stay up later than usual until Keith finished putting it together. Let's just say he absolutely LOVED it. I think Keith and I were almost having more fun than Axel. We only had one close call were Axel was trying to back up, but accidentally let go of the walker. Luckily I caught him which made him giggle even more.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment