Axel also experienced his first diaper rash the past few days. I am still amazed at how bad diaper rash can get and what it actually looks like. The poor guy had blood on his diaper. Luckily, he is healing quickly and day care is finally able to change him more than 3 times per day! For those of you who haven't experienced this yet, the remedy that has worked best for us is using Vaseline over the affected area along with his typical cloth diaper. It is important to put a thick layer of Vaseline and to make sure the diaper is donned loosely. I have also been letting Axel play naked for about 10 minutes between changes. It is not practical to let him run around naked as we have hardwood floors and I don't think sliding his pee pee on the floor would feel very good. However, if Axel could walk independently or crawl on his hands and knees I would definitely consider an hour or two a day of naked play to really allow the rash to heal. We tried the Destin, but I think Axel is allergic to it because it was after I used it about 3 times that the rash got really bad.
Axel continues to love the dogs. He attempts to do everything they do. I let him play outside in the grass. He wanted to eat the grass, leaves, dirt and branches just like them. Here is a cute picture of Axel holding a small branch that the dogs play tug of war with.
Oh, Keith and I had a wonderful weekend. Keith surprised me for Valentine's Day by cleaning the house and buying a little sparkling apple cider and mini heart chocolate cake. It was a wonderful day. There is nothing like a gift of cleanly mopped floors.....especially if you all know that I once was a clean freak.....but life with two dogs and two boys doesn't allow much time for a sparkling clean house. Thanks sweetie for making me feel so special!
Bri, he's so adorable! Congrats on the first teeth! I'm relieved to hear it took him that long because it sounds like Sophie is on the same path. Still no teeth and she's 9 months next week. Also, I heard that a lot of babies get severe diaper rashes when teething so maybe that's what's going on with Axel? Just thought I'd share that piece of info...I'm on red alert with Sophie and a diaper rash -- hoping that means she gets some teeth! :)
ReplyDelete