It has truly been a whirlwind since my last post. After our crazy weekend of sports (swim meet, soccer tournament and CCS XC we had our Annual Friendsgiving. Unfortunately, Eileen's family and the Ingardias could not make it. It was a small gathering of Mark with his two kiddos (Ryan and Hazel) and Tyler with Jade and Zoe along with the 5 of us and Axel's friend Christine. Everyone appeared to enjoy themselves and Rubix did a great job entertaining little Ryan (age 4).
I told Tyler a couple of years ago that we were done preparing the turkey and that this was on him. He is so great about enjoying the preparation of the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Here he is with his masterpiece.
Keith still does the carving. I prepared the ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls and dessert and dinner came together very smoothly.
Here is the crew before I said grace.
Axel managed to capture all of us with a "selfie". I am grateful for this tradition and do hope we are able to continue it.
I only worked Monday of Thanksgiving week and we had parent teacher conferences via Zoom for all three kids on Tuesday. Keith, Axel and I lifted together after the conferences and then Axel headed to Samara's house to hang out with his friends the rest of the day. Wednesday was primarily prepping for Thanksgiving, along with swim practice. On Thanksgiving we woke up and were driving to Grandma's house by 8 am. This allowed Keith, Axel and I to go for a run. Axel and I ran 5 miles together and Keith went longer for an hour (likely 6- 7 miles). Rubix and Phoenix hung out with Grandma. We were able to come back from our run, shower and take a family photo! Thank you Grandma!
We then headed over to Auntie Shannon's house for our Thanksgiving feast. Ryan cooked the most amazing turkey and we all gobbled it up. I think Phoenix had 4 large servings, it was incredible! Here is a picture of Phoenix and Braylin. They are about the same height. We debated who is taller. Phoenix apparently is 5'5" and Braylin 5'6", but you cannot tell from this picture.
Rubix had a blast playing corn hole with varying people, one of whom was Auntie. I was able to capture a few pictures of their fun.
Shannon's in laws and sister in laws family was also there. Ainsley was born in May, Braylin in August and Phoenix the oldest in January. We have pictures of the there of them together as babies and now they are all three nearly full grown!
Grandpa Brian celebrated another birthday on the 24th of November and wore a fun ostrich shirt he got on vacation with my mom. It was quite the shirt!
Rubix and Aya played chess.
A cute picture of Axel and Phoenix. "Why big brother are you squishing me?!"
Rubix and Aya tried to break the wishbone, but it was still too wet and kept slipping from their hands rather than breaking in half. We had a lovely day and managed to get home at 8:30 pm, just 12 and a half hours after we left home. It was a lovely day of visiting family and we are glad that we were able to attend, despite still being a little sad at not being in Fresno for Axel's State Cross country meet.
The day after Thanksgiving we enjoyed decorating the house and Christmas tree. There was quite a bit of drama this year as the top portion of the tree almost could not be used because the insert went missing. Axel and I made a fix that was just good enough to keep it on. I surprising came across the missing piece the next day once I finished decorating and found the piece in a random box! I was incredibly grateful because the top of the tree was starting to lean. Axel and I were able to replace our contraption with the plastic piece and now the tree is fixed and will hopefully last another few years. It is only 15 years old and I was hoping to get another 5 years out of this tree.
Phoenix decided we need to decorate the tree in rainbow order . It is hard to appreciate from this photo, but the top of the tree is all red ornaments, then gold, green, blue and so forth.
Done...for now.
The funny thing is Phoenix was annoyed with how many red ornaments we had so the next day she took off all of the ornaments and redecorated the tree in reverse order with the red ornaments at the bottom and ended the top with white and silver to match the tree topper. I think she did a great job! It actually only took her an hour which was really impressive.
Rubix's school is really good about filming and taking photographs of different school events. Here are professional photos of Rubix's first home game that Keith, Phoenix and I attended on November 4th.
You may be able to see Phoenix, Keith and I in the stands.
Phoenix sitting with Axel after the varsity boys were recognized.
Here is Keith recognizing the coaches. The coaches were very invested in the kids this year. It was a bit different without Coach Kevin and Latke, but Coach Jorge, Liz and Dave were also very involved which made for another great season.
Axel, Ava and Samara ready to hand out the gifts.
Right after the cross country banquet was the soccer team party that was rescheduled. I was sick a few weeks ago when we were supposed to have it, so we did an impromptu pizza gathering with the entire team on Dec. 5th. Here Keith is recognizing each player with a certificate and trophy.
Rubix trying to relieve his congested nose!
The soccer crew, which took up a big portion of the restaurant.
Rubix had another busy week with basketball and swim, but we somehow managed to get to Friday December 12th a bit healthier. I picked up Phoenix at 1 pm from school to head to San Ramon. We were lucky to check into our hotel before heading to the swim meet. At school I was able to go to the ceramics display where her wedding cake was on display. Phoenix made this beautiful cake entirely out of clay!
I think she did an amazing job. I feel extremely blessed that she is able to exercise the creative part of her brain at school. We are very lucky that Harker has just as good of an art program as they do math!
Keith picked up Rubix and headed straight to the meet to set up the tent. The kids were swimming the 500 free and then the 400 IM (Phoenix) and the 200 IM (Rubix). These events are normally prelim and final, but in the winter they only run them at night as finals. I was officiating so I do not have them on film, but I was able to watch Phoenix swim to her first victory. That is right... she won with a blazing fast time of 5:17.17 which puts her at number 13 in the country! She is less than 7 seconds away from sectionals, which is her goal come the Spring season that starts in January and ends at Far Westerns in April. Rubix toughed out a great swim dropping a fraction of a second to place 2nd with a 5:45.14.
Phoenix managed to turn around an hour later and swim the 400 IM, finishing 2nd in the 12 year olds. She only added 2 seconds from her best time, which is great considering she just completed the 500 free. Phoenix 400 IM

















































No comments:
Post a Comment