Tuesday, September 2, 2025

2025-2026 school year has started!

The school year is officially underway. Axel started the school year with his class trip to Angel's Island in San Francisco where his advisory kayaked and did a scavenger hunt. It was a long but fun filled day. The following day, Friday, August 22nd Axel had his annual matriculation/orientation which is a full day of school. They have a ceremony where the school reviews the values and attributes they desire their students to have and every student vows to keep these values by signing a giant paper contract. They also take yearbook photos and get oriented with their class schedule. The only difference with this year is that Axel drove himself!
I got out of bed just in time to take photos of him and say goodbye. It was the greatest thing for me to sleep in until 7 am on my day off.  :)

It is hard to believe we are already at this point in his life/ schooling career, but if any child is ready for more responsibility, it is this child. He is such a loving, conscientious person. I can't wait to see him contribute to society!
And he's off to school!
Monday, August 25th was the first official day of classes for Axel and a full day of orientation for Phoenix. She was running a bit late and hence, was not interested in taking a photo. Axel, on the other hand recognized his growth and said, " I feel so old!", as he said goodbye. 

He stood up nice and tall when I mentioned he was slouching with his heavy backpack. He is such a good kid!
Before school and swim started, Phoenix had a private lesson with Coach Nick to work on her butterfly. I purchased two new swim suits for training and she wore her finals cap from Western Zones to match. She is looking older and older as well, so I captured a picture of her before she got into the water. 
The first week of swim was a bit nutty. They had multiple groups combined and nearly 70 kids in the water at a time. Here is a photo of the mob of swimmers. 

With the return of swim practices, comes lots of time at the pool side where I can write the blog, listen to podcasts, read, and work amongst other things. Sometimes, I am mesmerized by the beauty of the sun set. Here is one example of how beautiful it can be. The first shot is a close up of the pink clouds. 

The second a view from the bleachers. 
With the start of school also comes the start of cross country for Phoenix and the start of racing for Axel. The family joined Axel's team at Crystal Springs for a team practice, which allowed Phoenix to run the 7/8th grade course, as well as the rest of us. We are hoping Phoenix is more prepared than last year, but unfortunately, her achilles tendon starting hurting her this past Friday. We will find out tomorrow if she is better/ better since she will try to run again. Good thing is the swelling is down and she has not pain with walking or getting up in the morning like she did on Friday and Saturday. 
Also on Monday, August 25th, Rubix had his orientation. He has a handful of basketball/ soccer buddies in his homeroom class and after orientation the boys started shooting hoops like it was recess or lunch time. 
I think it is wonderful how he has such a good group of friends with similar interests. 
I finally got a picture of Phoenix on Wednesday when Rubix started school. She was very excited, as you can see from her picture :). 
Daddy thought it would be funny to put his officials cap, name tag and badge on Rubix since he was dressed in his school uniform. 
Phoenix and Rubix, 7th and 4th grade!
Happy kid!
Mr. Wade for homeroom!
Top locker for being tall!

Axel has his first invitational this weekend in San Francisco. Several of his teammates met him in San Francisco at Golden State Park for recon of the course on Labor Day. I am bummed that I will not be able to make it because of swim practice for the other two, but Keith will be there. I will get to attend the next invitational which is the following Saturday. 


I am optimistic that I will have time to write another short post in a couple of weeks so check back soon!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment