Sunday, March 30, 2025

Rubix and Axel's birthday parties!

I make eggs three times a week and at least once a week I make a dozen eggs for scrambled eggs. I have had twins several times in 2 different sacs, but I have never had identical twins with two yokes in one sac! The thought of it kind of grosses me out and makes me not want to eat eggs, but at the same time, I couldn't pass at the opportunity to snap a picture and show the kids!

Last weekend after Saturday's swim practice Phoenix got right to work to make Rubix a pinata for his birthday party. We also managed to grab the last 8 Rubix cubes at Target and a couple of bags of candy for the pinata before she got started on her 4 hour project. 

I think she did a great job and it turned out really well. We used the stable gun and reinforcements on the corners which seemed to help it stay together longer than her chicken did for her party. 


Daddy helped take over and decorate the cake because Phoenix the rest of the family was busy doing something else. He drew 100 flies for Rubix's favorite event, the 100 yard fly!
Eight of Rubix's friend's came over, along with Aury's brother, so that made 9 young, energic boys to entertain. They first played soccer, or should I say, half played soccer and half played on the hill. 


After soccer they played basketball. 


After some free shooting, the two dads played against the boys. Everyone seemed to have a great time. 
After basketball, the pinata went up. 

Rubix got a good hit in before the surprises came out. 


After the pinata it was pizza and cake time. Half of the boys had to leave right at 6pm, but a few were able to hang out a little longer to enjoy the pinball machine and indoor play. 


We were able to take a family photo, which was really nice. 

While Rubix had a blast with his friends, Phoenix spent the afternoon drawing.  
She worked on 4 different drrawings. Three anime and another portrait. Her history teacher asked for a portrait of herself. Once she completes it, I will make sure to post. I think it looks really good, but she is putting the final shading touches on it. 
I think she is getting better with her faces and shading. 
This is Rubix the day after his birthday party. He was really tired and had trouble getting up in the morning. I thought he looked really cute so I took the opportunity to take a picture. He was in such a deep sleep. 
Exciting news for Axel is that he has been running again for 2 weeks. The appointment with the orthopedist went really well and she said Axel is clear to run, 3 times per week starting with 2 miles every other day and then doing 3 miles every other day the second week. If all went well he has the green light to do a day of intensity and race. He is cross training on the bike 2 days a week and then has a lifting day, which gives him a full day of rest on Sunday. Here he is at his first track practice with his cross country/ distance track buddies. He was beyond happy! The head track coach, Coach Costa, got fired, so the cross country coach, Coach Kevin, was asked to take over. Things have been very organized and the team is really coming together. The entire team has been really happy, along with all of the parents, since Kevin took over 2.5 weeks ago. Axel plans on racing the mile next Saturday. It is going to be interesting because he hasn't done any intensity, except for two , 800's yesterday. He said, he just wants to give it a go and see what happens. I will be driving back from Pleasanton on Friday night to take him to his track meet Saturday morning and then heading quickly to Pleasanton after he races to get back to Far Westerns in time for Phoenix's 1000 yard race. 

(Sorry I didn't flip the picture)
Rubix went to the San Francisco Zoo this week. It was cold and windy, but it looked like he had a great time. 
These pictures were posted by the mom who was his chaperone. 





I was a little sad that I couldn't be there, but glad he had a good time. 
This week, Axel had a spirit week at the high school. I was really proud of him for joining in the fun, every day. I unfortunately, didn't think of getting pictures every day, but he got great reviews from dressing like a baby boomer. He wore a belt with dress shorts and a polo. Apparently, all of his friends thought the outfit suited his personality and look. I personally thought "Jumanji" day was even better, as he wore his dad's hiking shorts, my hat and binoculars around his neck. The class of 2027 was quite spirited, but couldn't beat out the class of 2025. They plan on winning next year, according to his friends. 
Speaking of Axel's friends, a whole crowd of them joined us for his sweet 16 yesterday. Axel spent the morning making his cakes. This one is a chocolate layer cake with an Oreo whipping cream layer in the middle and cream cheese frosting on the outside. 






The lunch table crew enjoyed good old fashion fun. 
They loved the taco bar I prepared eating seconds, and sometimes thirds. I was very pleased that they ate well, considering the diverse food requirements and the fact that I tried two new recipes. They had grilled salmon, Mexican pulled chicken, ground beef, grilled peppers, and fajitas peppers and onions to choose from, along with all of the taco condiments a person could desire.  
Rubix and Addy played Rubix's new Monopoly basketball game and Phoenix read most of the afternoon. 
The lunch crew eating!
Elizabeth arrived with her gift that Axel put on right away. "Milk makes my tummy hurt."



Axel and others laughing hysterically....
Axel getting Phoenix out of her room to join us for cake and ice cream. 
Axel's pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese frosting. 
Happy birthday time!
Axel and his friends had a great time. He said, this was exactly what he wanted and he couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had last night when he woke today. The house was finally quiet around 10 pm, and I was excited to go to bed. 



Rubix and Phoenix had a private lesson with Coach Nick today. Phoenix's breast stroke looks totally different. Her fly and free style flip turns also looked great. We are really hoping she is going to have another good swim meet. She just decided she is not going to swim the mile, but focus on the 1000 and improving her other races. She will do the 200 free and 50 back on Thursday; the 200 IM and 200 back on Friday; the 100 back and 1000 on Saturday and the 400 IM on Sunday. Rubix's breast stroke and free style also look much better after this morning's brush up. He is hoping for another great meet as well. He is going to swim the 200 free and 100 fly on Thursday; the 200 IM and 50 back on Friday; the 500 free and 100 back on Saturday; and the 100 IM on Sunday. The kids will also be in a few relays and they are both hoping to make some finals. If all goes well, Rubix should make all finals. Phoenix, if she swims her best, may also make a few finals (consolation) as well. 

I am extremely grateful that the kids are on Spring Break starting tomorrow and we can all get some much needed rest and down time before our long weekend. I hope to post videos of the kids swimming and Axel racing is 1 mile within a couple of weeks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment