Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Rubix loses his first tooth! First Day of School! 8th, 4th and 1st grade

The weekend before school started we finally had a chance to go to Rubix's friend Reese's house (August 20th). It took us over a month for our schedule's to sink up. The kids had a blast hanging out. Phoenix was a trooper and came along. Axel spent the afternoon and evening with Shamik who was happy to have Axel's company. 

When we got home from Reese's house, Daddy and Rubix decided it was time for his loose tooth to come out. A few little wiggles and "snap" out came the tooth. Rubix was so tough and he was soooo excited!
Mom look at me! 
In the morning he couldn't wait to show me that the tooth fairy gave him 10 dollars. 
He wanted to take another picture of his tooth box that Gma Susan made him. Daddy matched the tooth fairy with 10 more dollars for letting him take it out for him! Rubix claimed he was "rich" and could buy anything with his 20 dollars!
With the drought we hardly watered our sunflowers and tomatoes. They finally opened except Rubix's one from class. It opened a few days later and is only the size of Rubix. I unfortunately did not get a picture because we have been so busy since school started. I need to check if it is still there and not drooping and snap one for the scrap book tomorrow or Friday. 

The kids have been crazy about puzzles again. This is our 3rd 1000 piece puzzle. Phoenix wanted me to snap a photo of her with it. 
On Monday, August 22nd Axel had all day orientation. 
Daddy goofed off and put the flag behind me as he was putting it out for the day. I had to drop off Axel way before the recommended 9 am, 8th grader drop off, because Keith had Rubix's orientation at 8am and I had to get to work for an 8am patient. 
Here is the young man on Tuesday, on his first official full day of school. He is holding his new computer bag too.
I took the day off so I could take Phoenix to her school orientation. Here she is with Kylie. 
Phoenix couldn't wait to get to the tetherball courts. Here she is playing with her BFF, Angela. 
They have so much fun together. 
Angela came home with us for an all day play date. We stopped by at the library to get Rubix the Magic Tree House books 10-20. He is on a roll and reading them like candy. He is not on book 14 and he doesn't want to read aloud or have me read to him. This is good and bad because he calls one of the main characters, Annie, "On-nee". Who knows how many words he is mispronouncing or doesn't know.
The girls really wanted to watch a movie and paint their nails. After a long summer of swim and school for Phoenix and not seeing her BFF, I couldn't say no. 
What a blast!

We then headed to the pool for a couple of hours of pool fun and ice cream! Bummer their finger nail polish did not make it!
Wed, August 24th, Rubix and Phoenix finally started school too!
Proud big brother with them!
Phoenix being her sweet big sister self!
Yay! I am now a first grader!!!!
I am a cool 4th grader!!!
So excited to head to school!!!

I love these pictures!

After dropping Rubix off at Ms. Proctor's homeroom class, we headed to Phoenix's homeroom with Mr. Hopkins in the boys locker room! Axel had Mr. Fahmy, in the boys locker room for 4th grade too. Mr. Fahmy just took over the Dean of School position so Mr. Hopkins has his old office and class. 
Yay! School is finally here!!!!
We are so excited for the start of the school year and all that is in store. We just received the swim meet and cross country schedule and are just waiting for Rubix's game schedule for soccer, which is going to make for a very busy fall. Luckily the fall school sports are done after the first week in October, which will make our lives a little less complicated until the next sport begins!

 I likely will not post again for a month as I plan on updating our crazy September at the end of the month. Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment