One afternoon a couple of weeks ago while I was cleaning the house and Skyping with Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce the kiddos made a fort in Phoenix's room and turned into super heros. I thought they were adorable. They had so much fun together....until the didn't :) And that is the way life goes around here. We are having a good old time.....or we are a ball of tears, outbursts or frustration.
We are blessed for both the good and bad moments. Here is another humerus moment when Axel is working on his acting skills. He had his egg together and then he tore off the top and was giving the quizzical look, "Where did the yoke go?"I included this picture just because Rubix started to do the comb over, "to look like Axel." It was very, very cute. The boys now have hair cuts with the weather becoming warmer so the old man come over is no longer.
The super heros theme continued for a few days and they used their water guns to attack the "bad guy bubbles."
Another fun moment!
Rubix received his remote control car birthday present from Auntie. He asked for one, just like Axel's. He was very happy to have one like his brothers.
Phoenix has build about half a dozen forts since we have had the shelter in place orders. They have been in her room, Rubix's room, the Pinball room and any where she can get away with it.
Axel has been starting to help more and more with chores. A couple of Friday's ago he did the dishes, folded the laundry, cleaned his bathroom, cleaned the Pinball room and helped with dinner. It only took me an hour or two to figure out he was trying to earn Minecraft back since I took his computer away from him a few days before for not listening and talking back to me. I was really proud of him for working so hard. The day started with him making coffee for Keith and I. It was lovely.
Here is just a cute picture of Rubix being his silly self. It has been a little interesting to see him testing his boundaries. He really has been such a great child. I am hoping that he decides it is better to be his sweet self than defiant.
We often do not get to Phoenix's school art projects until Friday or the weekend. Here is another example of us doing school work over the weekend. The great thing about this particular art project is it was something the three kids and I could do all together. Rubix made a cute cat.
Axel made a wizard's castle which we called Gargamel's house.
Phoenix also made a cat, but a 3D cat head with paws, a flower and a castle, that we called a Smurf's house.
I think I mentioned our toilet paper situation and purchase, about a month ago. Well we have been using our hospital grade (paper thin) coreless toilet paper now for a few weeks and decided it would be fun to share how the inside of the roll looks. It really does have much more toilet paper and seems to last significantly longer than normal toilet paper, despite it being thinner. I actually think it is more economical and might consider buying similar toilet paper in the future. Especially, if I continue to not be able to purchase toilet paper locally.
Besides school, our days are filled with bike rides, runs, baseball, basketball and other sports. Here are a few pictures from one of our many bike rides. Rubix continues to amaze us with his abilities. It is hard to believe he has only been 4 for 6 or 7 weeks!Another wonderful moment of the kids loving on each other.
Here is a picture after Rubix's first bike crash. I came home from my bike ride to find him crying in the driveway. He was a trooper and brushed off his injuries telling us it didn't hurt. Apparently, he went into our driveway at full speed and flew off his bike as the curb is pretty steep.
Phoenix showing a curious face for a language arts assignment.
Rubix deciding he wanted to go for a run after watching Axel run a mile and Phoenix run a half a mile. We ran to the end of Ravenwood, about a quarter of a mile, and then walked home. He is so cute!
One night before bed, Rubix asked if he could wake up and be a super hero. Well, at 6:50 am the super hero appeared on my bed :)
The Sunflower Project has been a hit. The neighborhood has all planted their sunflower seeds and we see our neighbors happily stopping by to see our sunflowers growing. They love the counting of the days too.
Last weekend we splurged and had pumpkin pancakes and homemade whipped cream. We needed to use up the heavy whipping cream before it expired. It was delicious!
We all ate very well :)
Axel is also running 3 times per week. He does speed work one day, which is 4 x 400, the mile another day, and a long run of 2 to 3 miles the last day. We discovered Rolling Hills Middle school track is open, which has been great for the mile and speed work. I paced Axel a couple of weeks ago, when he PR'd with a 7:47 minute mile. He is starting to really enjoy running and cycling.
I just love how Phoenix and Rubix want to be like there bike brother.
Home school started off pretty good, but after a few weeks it has gotten harder and harder. Phoenix often struggles to get through her work and Axel often gets distracted with "chatting" with his friends. It is difficult to make sure they are staying on top of all of their work.
Sometimes the Zoom meeting seem like they are more disruptive of the day then helpful. Hardly any of the teachers are teaching. They are often just checking in with the students. It is really sad that so much of the learning is lost or falls onto the parents. It really has been a very stressful time for us to manage work and teaching. Keith has taken the brunt of the teaching as I am often going from one video call to another seeing patients back to back for 7 to 9 hours a day.
The one who suffers the most is Rubix. He now gets his school lesson before bed. He was really taking off with his work, but now recognizes that everyone is busy. He looks forward to playing, but often gets bored and wants attention. Luckily, he gets to watch some school videos or books with Phoenix.
I am writing an article about implementing outcome measures with telemedicine. Keith thought I would need a picture of me treating a patient so he took this picture. Yes, I often have to work in the bedroom with the door closed. My patients are very understanding. Yes, I wear my badge and yes, I apparently do smile all of the time, especially when non verbal communication is so important. I find it funny seeing myself.
Our cute little super hero again!
Here is Axel the first time going up the climb. He made it to the half way point. The second time he made it up 2/3rds. Today he made it all the way to the top of Bohlman! We are very proud parents!
With bike riding comes crashes. All 3 of the kids crashed on their bikes one week. Axel tried jumping a big curb and fell on his hip. Phoenix tried standing and pedaling with one hand, and Rubix flew off his bike going full speed into our driveway.
Daddy also takes them to West Valley College where they do fun tricks like ride down stairs. I thought this was a picture, so this video is not uploaded to play as a video. I should make a blog with a bunch of fun videos. Maybe next time.
They also do trail rides along the railroad track. Rubix is not always as tough, and sometimes has full on meltdowns on the bike like he did on the trail last week. He is pretty amazing for just turning 4.
I just love this picture of Rubix throwing.




































No comments:
Post a Comment