I am not sure if I have shared this in the past. This is Axel's Spanish refrigerator project. He made 10 food items and then had to describe and talk about them in Spanish. It was really fun to see him make his fruit with clay. Phoenix and I were able to help. I took a picture because I just recycled it. We went through all of the kids rooms and tried to "tidy" up by recycling, throwing out and donating clothes, toys and books, etc. It was 2 full days of constant work, but we were able to get it done. I don't know how happy the kids are about it, but Mommy is super pleased!
The kids are regularly watering the front of the house as Phoenix planted her Sunflower seeds a month ago. It has grown quite a lot. Here they are watching the water run through the rocks to the roots of this bush. I need to get a picture of her Sunflower. She is super proud of it.Rubix seems to be just like the other Szolushas and able to build and create things. Here he is holding a heart that he made. He is so proud of himself.
We have been deep into swim season and today we will be attending the end of year swim party. It is always bitter sweet. I love the kids swimming and having fun, but it is a very long 3 months for me to get them to swim practice 3 to 4 times per week. The 5 meets are really not bad so I can't complain about that, especially because Keith is the one who does all of the volunteering and work during the swim meets.
This year has been especially fun as the kids have really improved. The biggest improvement was enjoying going to practice and playing with their friends. I did not get very much push back or complaints about going to practice from either Phoenix or Axel, which was an awesome change. They also really improved in their swimming form and times, which is a bonus to the enjoyment of being apart of the team.
After our swim meet on July 13th we went to Tyler's for a BBQ. His kids and Mike and Vanessa's kids were all participating in the swim meet. Jade and Zoe are on Westgate and Josie and Delinger are on Los Ranchitos. Here is a cute picture of Rubix on Tyler's hammock.
I love this picture of Rubix as well, because he reminds me of the other kids concentrating on completing this puzzle. I am so impressed with how all of the Szolushas like challenges like this.
Rubix was a champ with his swim lessons. He is now able to do front and back float. He can dunk his head and grab something in the shallow end of the water when in a crouched position (feet first) and he can kick, scoop and blow bubbles all at the same time. This means that he could swim if he was ready, but he is not. Since we stopped his 4 weeks of lessons he has decided he doesn't want to go in the pool at all. I am hoping he will get over whatever it is that took his excitement and enjoyment out of swimming so that he can enjoy the rest of the summer swimming with the family.








No comments:
Post a Comment