On Sunday July 22nd Axel had a play date with Kristin at the pool. They played for almost 3 hours until Kristin had to leave because the pool was closing early for the end of year swim team party. They had so much fun! They didn't want to say good bye!
The pool party started at 6 pm with an hour of pool play before the awards ceremony started. Here is Phoenix getting her swimming award.Such a big girl!
I wasn't able to see Axel while he was receiving his swim award, but here is a picture of the 9/10 boys.
This was the first year I was able to stay the entire swim party. Keith generously offered to take Rubix home, so I could stay and enjoy the video. Here is a picture of Keith with Rubix as they were leaving. Rubix was quite the trooper. He wanted to leave much earlier, but managed to stay until just before 8 pm. The video lasted until just before 9 pm, so it was a late night for all of the kids.
This Friday, the 27th Elisa, Max, Sophia and Christian came over for a visit. They were in town from Singapore visiting their new baby cousin who was just 10 days old. It was so nice to catch up with Elisa and Max and Axel had a great time playing together.
On Friday night, very late, Little Grammy arrived from MA. Keith took the kids to the Harker play date in the park on Saturday and Sunday we spent time at the pool. Monday we went up to Castle Rock with Axel, Grammy and Axel's friend, Alex.
We had so much fun hiking and playing on the rocks.
I felt like a kid again. I didn't realize how taxing climbing rocks can be until the next day!
This was the most beautiful tree I have ever seen. I can't believe how pink it is! I had to take a picture to show my little princess Phoenix!
These rocks are awesome!!!!
On Tuesday we went to Santa Cruz to go whale watching on the Monterey Bay. We had 3.5 hours on the ocean and over an hour watching the hump back whales. Keith loves the "before" and "after" photos. The one on the left is before Phoenix and I got sea sick. The one on the right is after being sick for over a couple of hours.

Axel, Daddy and Grammy got to see quite a few different water species. Phoenix and I were able to see the sea otter and hump back whales. We were limited by our sea sickness and were not able to move around the boat.
It was pretty cool to see the whales, but I was done after seeing them once.I was shocked to learn that we were going to hang out watching them for an hour!
I would have been a bit nervous seeing Axel at the front of the boat with how big the waves were, but he was a real champ and Keith was confident that he was safe!
Wednesday was "recovery" from our sea adventure the day before. In the afternoon, though, Keith took Carol wine tasting. That went to Savanah Chanelle Vineyards.
As you can see in these pictures, we had a happy customer! I am so glad they had a good time!
Thursday was all about the zoo. We had planned a day in San Francisco, but we just didn't want to deal with parking and traffic. So Keith, Carol and Rubix went to the Oakland Zoo for the first time.
The Baboons were the most entertaining today. They were playing quite the plastic bottle chase game until one of the adult Baboons put the kids in order.We went on the Gondola for the first time and saw an entire other portion of the zoo that we hadn't explored before. The California Condor was awesome!
Rubix was in absolute heaven. He was full of energy and walked everywhere the first 2.5 hours until.....we hit nap time. At 12:45 pm he asked to be held and then he took a quick cat nap in the stroller before getting up and having a blast the last 30+ minutes of our visit.
Love this smile!
Look at that face! Such delight!
Our little jumper!
Lets not forget Phoenix!
Look at how mature this girl is looking these days!
The beautiful view from the look out. Bison and San Francisco in the background!Here is Axel, Rubix and Alex. What I didn't mentioned is that we ran into Alex last week at the library. Alex was Axel's best buddy in second grade. We thought he had moved, but he hadn't. He actually moves to Los Altos at the end of September, but he is still a half a mile away right now!
They played together last Thursday and all day Monday. Axel slept over at his house on Tuesday night, they spent all day together Wednesday. Alex then spent the night at hour house Wednesday night and then he spent the entire day with us on Thursday! After dropping Alex off, Axel said, "when can we play next?"
Rubix couldn't get enough Alex time either!
When we got home from the zoo Phoenix decided to make a list of all of the animals that she remembers seeing. I just love how neat her hand writing is and at how she is not afraid to try to spell. The only one I couldn't figure out was bummne. She accidentally put m's instead of n's, but it is suppose to say bunny.
On Friday we dropped Phoenix off for her last day at Challenger. We will really miss Challenger, but will be back in a year or two when Rubix starts there.
While Phoenix was at school we took Rubix to the Bobcat train in Vascona park for the first time.He was really excited before we got there, but was a little afraid while on the train. The whistle was a little loud for his liking.
After the train ride the boys rode the Merry Go Round, while Granny and I watched.
Rubix really didn't want to go on this either, but he had a great time by the end. Good thing Daddy is so much fun!
We had to capture a picture of Axel's authentic play doh spaghetti and meatballs.
Yesterday we went over to my friend Tiffany's house. She moved back to the bay area and we were all excited to spend the evening together. Grammy enjoyed herself but was anxious to head to the airport.
We all played in the very nice warm pool before dinner.
After dinner Avery and Axel played a game of pool (as they now have a pool table) and then had play doh fun.
Charlotte and Phoenix played dolls and Rubix went back and forth to trying to play pool and play with the other girls.
We had such a great visit with Grammy and are looking forward to seeing her again soon as we head to the Cape in a couple of weeks.
This week Keith and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and then I fly out to St. Louis for my first weekend of the year long fellowship I am doing. I am so excited and nervous! My mom is coming in on Wednesday so she can watch Phoenix and Axel on Thursday and Friday. I feel so very blessed for all that we have and our wonderful family and friends.
Hopefully I will get a change to post again before our trip to the Cape, but if not check back at the end of the month!












































Nice to see the family updates and especially visit with Carol.
ReplyDelete