Over Memorial Day weekend we had a quick and wonderful visit from Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Sonia. We had dinner together on Friday night and then spent the entire day together on Saturday. I didn't realize until after they left, that I did not take any pictures of them with the kids. This is more of a bummer for their scrapbooks then the blog, but life goes on.
I did manage to get a few videos of the kids swimming during their practice meet on Saturday May 26th, although most of the files are too big to download on the blog and I can't seem to splice the video on my Windows Surface. I have included one of Axel's that was a small enough file.
We took Rubix to the pool on Monday. He was really timid getting in but once he got use to it he really didn't want to get out. When we got home he decided he needed a swim cap and goggles.
Now every day he puts on the swim cap and goggles for 20 to 60 minutes and he is always the first to be ready for swim practice. Too bad, he can't get in the pool. In a couple of weeks when school is out I can go in the water with him during the night swims because they have the pool divided for open swim and swim team practice. I am really glad that he is getting excited about it because we would love for him to be water safe sooner than later.
Also during the long weekend, with the help of my handy neighbor, I cut (Michael did the cutting), painted and installed shelves into the wasted space in our bathroom. It doesn't look very nice, but it frees up an entire self in our "linen closet". This will allow for more storage for the kids toys and games, which will overall make the house neater and more organized, which makes me happy!
It is hard to believe, but the kids are out of school at the end of next week. Axel has his cub scouts camping trip this weekend and a birthday party. Next weekend we have our first official swim meet and I am out of town for a day and a half with my mom and sister in Angel's camp. We also have my work department party on Sunday of next weekend as well. We will be action packed for the next 10 days and then we will have a relaxing week before summer school starts. Keith and I are so excited that we nearly have a kindergartener and 4th grader!




No comments:
Post a Comment