We have all been under the weather with a long lingering virus. Luckily, we are all on the up and up (so we hope.) I am ashamed to say that I really haven't taken pictures since Christmas. I was able to capture a few of Rubix because we have the most alone time together.
A couple of weeks ago Rubix was asking to get dunked so Keith dunked him. It was fun and cute at the time, but it has been a little challenging trying to explain to him that we can't do this again because it is unsafe. Good thing is he loves this basketball hoop and uses it every day.
Rubix is starting to get into building. He wants to build with the duplos legos, train tracks and even puzzles. Axel received an eraser puzzle cube that Rubix really enjoyed trying to piece together himself. It is fun to see him have other interests then balls and cars.Axel has been busy getting ready for the Pinewood Derby. Next weekend is the big event. So far the car is cut out and the weights are in place. It took him awhile to decide if he wanted to build a car this year, so we are excited to see him enjoy the process. We have worked really hard over the past 6 months to ensure that Axel knows that he doesn't have to do anything. We want him to learn to enjoy and embrace the activities that he chooses to do. He seems to be coming around and stating that he enjoys activities now rather than us forcing him to go. He continues to play the flute and was invited to join the jazz ensemble. He had a lot of fun going last week and the director says that he is a natural. We were hoping that this would result in him wanting to practice without reminders, but he is still not there yet. I am excited to see how much he grows from joining the jazz ensemble this second half of the school year.
The big news for Phoenix is that she started reading last week. She came home from school with a book that she earned because she was able to read it. She says, "let me blend it, " and then she reads the word! She is really good with short vowel, 3 letter words. For example, bed, red, had, mad, cat, hat, etc. I am extremely impressed that she is already here. I felt like it was just yesterday I was trying to get her to learn all of the letters of the alphabet. I am so pleased with her new school and am excited to see her enjoying learning as much as she is. And to put icing on the cake, she will be 5 years old on Sunday! I can't believe my little girl is going to be 5!. We have her "spotlight" at school in just a little bit where she gets to talk about her likes and interests and her family. She decided to bring one of her scrapbooks rather than individual pictures. I hope I can take a picture or two because she just opened a box of hand me down dresses and she was very excited about her princess dress that she wore to school today.
Phoenix has her classroom assessment at Harker tomorrow and then her birthday party on Sunday. It is Barbie themed! Her cousin Hannah sent her a bunch of Barbie dolls a couple of months ago and then all of a sudden we have a Barbie lover. I will save the details of her party for the next post. She has her 5 year annual check up next Thursday so I will likely post a blog update next Friday.
I will leave you with the ever growing Rubix whose language and vocabulary continue to amaze me!
God Bless!




No comments:
Post a Comment