It has been a very fun and exhausting August so far. We had the privilege of going to Carol Stream, IL August 17th to 20th. We stayed with Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce and had amazing accommodations with their three extra rooms. The kids slept really well, as did Keith and I. On Friday we went to Cosley's Zoo. Rubix thoroughly enjoyed himself. I do believe this was his first experience seeing live animals. Phoenix and Axel also had fun, but they blew through the entire zoo with Grandpa before Rubix could even get half way through. Gma and Rubix looking at the deer.
Here the kiddos are feeding the chickens!
Gpa and Rubix at the duck pond!
Here is a very tired Phoenix on the way over to my college roommate, Jen's, house for dinner. We had an awesome time visiting Jen and her family. Her three kids got along wonderfully with our three kiddos and the adults had some great fun and laughs too. We were having so much fun that we didn't get home until well after 10 pm!
On Saturday Great Gma Connie and Great Aunt Gina came over to visit. It was so nice to see them. We had a blast talking with them and catching up as we always do. Gina sat down and drew with the kids. Here is a creation that Phoenix drew. Here is a picture of a fairy Phoenix drew after watching Aunt Gina draw.
Saturday night Keith and I headed to Glenbard North High School for a tour of the school. It was amazing at how much was the same and yet, how much was different. I had so many wonderful memories flooding my mind.
Most of all, were my memories of the band and Mr. Schraft and the impact that he had on me as a person and a musician. He touched the lives of so many young people by giving them the gift of belief, support and faith. Because he believed in me, I was able to obtained all of my band and music goals in high school! He will forever be in my memories and thoughts, especially when I play the flute!
While we were at the tour the kiddos were mini golfing with the grandparents. After the tour we headed over to my 20 year high school reunion. It is amazing to me that 20 years have come and gone since we were in high school. The friends who I was close with seemed to be the same people who haven't changed a bit! Here is Reshma and Payal looking just like they did in high school. Reshma is a dentist and owns two practices and Payal is a cardio pulmonary Physician. Despite their successes in life they both have two beautiful children and are both good, down to earth citizens!
Here is a picture of Jackie, my old neighbor and Aimee my old best friend (Kristi is also in the picture who is one of the cheer leaders who organized the Reunion). It was so, so nice to see people who I was close with in high school. It was like no time had gone at all. Even though I am really not in contact with anyone, it was like old times. After a couple of hours of visiting we then danced the night away. I mostly enjoyed watching my lovely husband bust a move. I am so very happy that we went.
On Sunday we enjoyed some park play in the morning before we had to head home after nap time. Here is a very cute picture of Gpa and Gma.
And them with the kiddos.
We all had such an amazing time.
It was a quick trip, but awesome trip and we are so glad that we went!
On Wednesday Phoenix started all day preschool. She will be attending Marshall Lane Preschool from 8:15 am to 2:15 pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays for the 2017/ 18 school year. Here is our big girl with her big girl back pack, lunch pail and water bottle.
Here Daddy is being his silly self!
Big brother Axel!
At Marshall Lane!
In the classroom!
It appears she had a great first day. We are looking forward to a great year of growth and can't wait to see how Phoenix develops!



















No comments:
Post a Comment