Last week Axel missed two days of school because he came down with the stomach bug. He had to leave his baseball game on Tuesday night because he stomach hurt and within 20 minutes of being home he was in the toilet vomiting. He did the same thing Wednesday night. Because the norovirus is so contagious the schools are asking kids to stay out of school for 48 hours after being symptom free so Axel had a 5 day break instead of a 3 day break for Memorial day. Here are the three kids playing together last Friday.
We had a very low key weekend for the first time in months. We had no baseball, swimming or cub scouts! It was a very nice treat especially considering Axel was recovering from being sick and everyone else appeared to be slightly run down as well.On Monday we went for another hike in Sanborn Park. This time we checked out the camping sites and walked up the steep mile trail to see where Axel would be camping this coming week with cub scouts. I had to wake Rubix from his nap. I love this picture of him. He is so cute in his laid back sleeping posture!
Rubix wanted to hike a little, but it was so steep he kept falling over so I put him in the carrier most of the time.
Axel and Phoenix did great. Phoenix only complained once that her legs were tired.
Phoenix always wants to get to the "play structure" to play at the "park". After our hike she was excited to finally play on the rocks, which I told her were the play structure.
You can see how much fun they are having!
Rubix had just as much fun, but his rock wasn't quite as big as the rock Axel and Phoenix were climbing :).
On Tuesday, while I was at work and while Phoenix and Rubix were at Angela's the stomach bug struck all three of us. I somehow managed to get home. I had to rest before making the trek home and somehow I managed to not throw up until I got home. I was comfortably resting in bed trying to muster up the strength to get Rubix while Keith took Phoenix and Axel to swim only to find out that Phoenix and Rubix were also sick starting after nap time. Needless to say it was a rough night! But it got rougher since the bug struck Daddy when he got home from swim practice with Axel! Yesterday was resting as much as I could. It was very hard managing Rubix and my symptoms, but the Lord is good and we all made it through the day. You can see how good Rubix felt by the end of the day. He was picking lemons and....
playing ball!
Oh, I forgot to mention that Axel was finally ready for his mohawk summer buzz. I am not sure if he is going to keep it or decide to just do the full buzz for swim season. We will have to wait and see.
This weekend is an event packed weekend so check back soon!










No comments:
Post a Comment