This week has been an exciting week as Rubix continues to become more and more of a walker. Phoenix also started swimming this week. She decided that she really wanted to join the swim team like Axel. She has been playing with a younger sibling of one of the other boys who swims with Axel. She likes Corey so much that she wants to not only play with her while theit brothers swim, but wants to swim with her as well. We were unsure if the coaches were going to allow Phoenix to join since she cannot technically swim on her own, but they have been very accommodating. She is learning how to dog paddle with her head in the water and is hopefully only a few weeks out to swimming independently for short distances. It is very exciting to see Phoenix so determined and willing to cooperate and take instruction. This has not been one of her strengths, but like everything with kids, change is always a constant and she is definitely maturing with time.
Rubix continues to work on his walking and independence. He is loving exploring the world on two feet. He continues to talk up a storm and has more words than I can remember. The coolest thing is hearing Rubix say Mommy, Daddy and Axel. He still doesn't say Phoenix very well or consistently. The big news with him is that we continue to struggle with dairy and have just given in to the fact that he will be off dairy for sometime. He vomits continually, stops eating and has yellow stools when he is on dairy. Within just a few days of being off of dairy he is his happy normal hungry self again. I still need to get feedback from his allergist and GI specialist on the right path for him, but for now he is on Neocate Junior and Ripple (which is pea based milk).Phoenix had her first official dance lessons on Friday. She absolutely loved tap. She has been practicing her shuffle toe and shuffle hop steps ever since leaving her class.
She did not get to learn any official ballet moves, but she did practice walking on her toes and with a bean bag on her head. Hopefully next week she can learn a few of the first 5 positions.
Rubix continues to love balls. Here is a great video of him playing basketball at Marshall Lane. He is so much fun!
I finally took a video of Phoenix at bat. I have hesitated because I am suppose to be coaching. With only one game left I decided it was time to capture the moments on film.
I also finally took a video of Axel swimming and a few videos of Axel pitching. Unfortunately, all of the videos are too big. I do have a short video of Axel pitching one pitch. He was a little off last night, but you can see how much stronger he is and how much better he catches.
Today was a lovely day. The kids made heart felt Mother's Day projects for me as well as a big sign. Flowers, breakfast and a day filled with being together was the perfect Mother's Day.
We especially had fun playing basketball at the Y. Rubix was in ball heaven and Axel was in Dude Perfect heaven and Phoenix was just silly Phoenix.






Tell Phoenix that her great aunt June did ballet until I discovered tap. Making noise was more fun!! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.
ReplyDelete