On Saturday, Auntie Shannon, Uncle Ryan, Braylin, Grandma Susan and Grandpa Brian made the trek to Saratoga for Rubix's 1 year celebration.
We had such a lovely time together. It was really nice to see everyone.
Here is a fun picture of Axel and Uncle Ryan.
We enjoyed a nice meal while Rubix slept. Once he woke we started the birthday fun. Daddy made a nice birthday sign for him and Axel made his birthday hat. Daddy also made a special effort to get balloons Friday night because we had baseball all morning on Saturday and our guests were arriving at 12:30, the same time we were done with baseball.
I was especially wanting Rubix to sleep because he had been sick since the Wednesday the week before (10 days) and he threw up on Friday night so I wasn't sure exactly what was going on with him. When he woke from his nap and after we had our birthday fun I took his temperature and he was running a low grade fever of 100 degrees.
He threw up multiple times Saturday night and to make a very long story short he ended up with an ear infection (his first) and three very sleepless nights from Friday night through Sunday night.
Luckily, he is doing much better now and he still had moments of fun during his birthday celebration.
We were lucky to have Annika home from school for her Spring Break. The kids have really enjoyed having her home and apart of the birthday fun.
On Wednesday morning I was able to snap a couple of photos before work. I dressed Rubix in one of his new outfits Auntie gave him. You can still see his runny nose and he is holding the syringe I gave his antibiotic with. Daddy stayed home with him on Tuesday and I stayed home with him on Monday after taking him to the doctors.
We sang happy birthday again Wednesday night, but Rubix was tired and ready for bed.
Daddy was able to get his hat on him for a quick photo.
Here he is saying "Mommy get me out of here!" Although, it does look like he is giving me a sweet hug.
Today I brought him in for photos. Here are the three cute portraits I purchased.
They had quite the special so most of the family will receive the shot below. I do have 5, 4 x 6's of the other two poses so if you want one of those please let me know and I will be happy to send that pose to you.
Rubix was great for his photos. He smiled the entire time and was super happy and easy. I am excited to see what his stats are next week at his doctors appointment. I will also give all of his milestone updates as well.














No comments:
Post a Comment