It has been an amazing winter here with rain like we haven't seen in years. Every natural waterfall is streaming with water for the past several weeks. Here is one that we see all of the time riding up Bohlman. Keith decided to take the kids to see it while I rode up it this past weekend. On the way down we stopped by our friend's house and saw their beautifully new built home and amazing views.
We had 5 days of no rain over last weekend and the beginning of this week. We made sure to get some park play in.
I often don't have opportunities to take pictures with all three kiddos in it. Phoenix and Rubix were really enjoying playing with Alfie. Axel wanted to chime in, but luckily he left the two little ones alone to enjoy some learning and music.
I think I posted a picture of Axel climbing this tree before, but I am still impressed that he is enjoying such "boyish" things like this. Keith and I have waited years to see him be a "normal" playful child.Rubix had 5 out of 6 amazing nights where he slept through the night (11 or 12 hours straight). This happened to correlate around when Louis passed. I was very grateful for the extra rest, but I have been shocked at the awful rebound in the other direction with him coming down with his second virus. He had a little cold with congestion and coughing that led to 3 very difficult nights with 3 wakings a night and one night where he had to fall asleep on me because he was so uncomfortable. Over the past week we have gotten back down to one waking a night. I am hoping that we can get back to sleeping through the night, but it is always difficult getting in enough calories during the day for some reason or other. The good news is he continues to do well with new foods, which reminds me that we did allergy testing on the 24th and both Rubix and Axel are allergy free! Rubix is not completely out of the clear because we tested him at such a young age that he can still develop the gastrointestinal (Alpha Pi) allergies if we aren't careful. I am very hopeful the introduction of food will continually be successful. The bummer thing about what we discovered is that he really needs to be on the Rantidine. We were off of it for 3 days and by the 4th day he was vomiting and gurgling. Now that he has been back on it for nearly a week he is back to normal.
The kids enjoyed an hour of play before the rain started. We brought a towel to dry off the slides and swings and with the sun peaking out through the clouds we are all refreshed and ready for the next few more days of rain.
Axel took his entrance exam to Harker. He did very well. We have been busy submitting the paper work for the application process, but it is finally complete. We also have to finish our taxes and have that submitted by next Monday! Now it is a wait game and we just have to wait and see if this is truly God's plan for Axel. In the meantime he is finally getting his first "big molars". Apparently the dentist says most kids get them around 6 and then the 2nd molars come around 12. It is funny how Rubix and Axel are teething together :) despite being 7 years apart.
We are gearing up for baseball! First practice is tomorrow! Axel is on the Angels this year. Phoenix's t-ball team is still in limbo and we will find out more during the next week. Until next time......










No comments:
Post a Comment