On Saturday morning we went to see a pediatric GI specialist for Axel. We have managed to stay away for 6 years, but Axel's eating has really diminished this summer and he fell off his growth curve in weight. He has been throwing up since last summer. We ruled out anything series last summer/fall with the full blood work, but have been frustrated with his continued issues with food. His constant stomach pains and "shutting down" are difficult to watch as parents. We are excited to say that the GI doctor that we saw was wonderful. He knew exactly what could be going on and scheduled Axel for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. We are thinking about cancelling the colonoscopy portion of the procedure since it seems like more of a stomach issue than intestinal issue and the preparation for the colonoscopy requires a cleansing that would cause him to miss a second day of school. We will have to see what the doctor says and trust his recommendation.
After the doctors we headed to Daddy work, where his company held a carnival for the first time. It was a fun filled day with good food and entertainment.
The kiddos played in bounce houses, slid down blow up slides and more!
I haven't climbed one of these things in years! I always have so much fun on the way up and then realize I am afraid of heights when I get up to the top and have to some how manage to muster up the courage to get down.
We waited in line for 45 minutes to get this light saber and princess crown balloons. Rubix did great and after staying awake much longer than normal took a nap in the baby carrier.Although the kids did not get their face painted like they wanted it was a great afternoon of fun.
We got home in just enough time to prepare the crusts for our pizza Olympic party. Axel invited Nico, Kedar, Jensen and Annika over for the pizza party. Here they are decorating their pizzas.
I finally got a shot of Annika and Rubix. Annika has spent so much time with Rubix I needed to capture them together before she leaves next week. It will be really sad to say goodbye again, but we are excited for her next adventure as she studies abroad in Austria this coming semester.
Here are the kiddos watching the 4 x 400 relay while enjoying their pizza.
He had fun the first day and I think consumed a little bit of food. Yesterday and today was not as successful, but I am hopeful he will get use to it soon
After breakfast we headed to Marshall Lane to check out the campus and see if it is ready for students. Phoenix has been under the weather still and didn't want to ride her bike. Here is the solution I came up with in order to make her happy and make it easier for me. It was a bit of a tight fit, but in the end worked out well.
After Marshall Lane we headed over to Annika's house for her birthday party. Phoenix brought Annika a birthday crown to wear.The kids played in the pool. Phoenix was in the hot tub, while Axel showed off all of his swimming strokes to Annika's family.
Everyone was really impressed with our little swimmer.
















No comments:
Post a Comment