Thanksgiving was a wonderfully relaxing and low key day. As I said in the last post the morning was spent playing a little baseball and relaxing as the turkey cooked in the oven. Keith always does the turkey, pumpkin pie, egg nog, cranberry sauce and devilled eggs. I usually do everything else, but Shannon brought the rolls, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes so the only things left were the dressing, green beans and gravy. I was excited to finally have Grandma Sonia around so that I could learn her mom's secret dressing recipe first hand. I think we both decided it really isn't difficult once you know what you are looking for. There is little measurement and most of the recipe is based on smell and looks, although I feel confident I can replicate the delicious side dish now :) I also learned the secret to making the gravy is to mix a little water with the flour as to prevent clumping when adding the flour as a thickening agent. I can't wait to make dressing and gravy again!
After a lovely dinner we were able to play a fun family game of UNO.
Story time!
All of our kiddos love books!
Auntie reading to Phoenix.
The girls and Axel.
On Saturday morning we pulled down all of the Christmas decoration and started putting up the Christmas tree.
It was a much quicker process with Grandma and Grandpa helping!
We headed to Sacramento to see some of the Burgess side of the family after lunch. There were a lot of accidents so we went the long way via 580 and 99. We got a slow start as Axel was throwing up his lunch before we headed out and once we hit Hwy 99 Phoenix said she was going to throw up. Luckily, Grandma Susan was home and we were able to stop by her house on the way to my cousin Jill's. The funny thing was when we arrived Braylin was there with Auntie and Uncle Ryan as they all needed a break from the long car ride as well. Here is a cute picture of the three grandkids.
We had a lovely time visiting my cousin Jill and her family, My Aunt Cindie and Uncle Terry, Uncle Steve and great Grandma/pa Burgess. I did not capture any pictures because of all of the great conversations I was having. Hopefully, more of the Burgess side of the family will be able to get together over Christmas.
After the get together we met Grandma Susan and Grandpa Brian, along with the Jolleys at BJ's for dinner to celebrate Grandpa Brian's birthday. Here is a memorable moment as Uncle Keith was able to comfort Braylin for the first time. It made the long trip to Sacramento that much more worth it to be able to see many of my relatives and celebrate with Grandpa Brian.
On Saturday morning we enjoyed our last few hours with Grandma Sonia and Grandpa Bruce. Daddy found a dead squirrel in the back yard and had fun teasing us with it.
The kids also wanted to finish decorating the Christmas tree. Here is Phoenix and Axel putting ornaments on the tree.
The picture quality is not very good, but here is one last picture of Grandma and Grandpa with Axel and Phoenix before they had to head out to the airport. On their way out they were able to stop by Axel's swim lesson and see him do free style and back stroke which was very exciting for Axel. We had a great visit and can't wait for them to return again for the Super bowl in a couple of months.
Today we are trying to clean up and catch up on all that needs to be done for another short work week as we gear up for our San Diego family trip this coming weekend!














No comments:
Post a Comment