Sunday, September 6, 2015

Life and a new vehicle

Last Saturday Phoenix and I were up first as usual. She was a little more clingy than usual and she didn't want to eat breakfast. I was excited to see Axel play soccer since I missed his first game the week before. After breakfast was over we packed the car and gathered everything we would need for the game. As we were getting ready to leave Phoenix spit up a bit. I quickly cleaned it up and got another towel just in case it was going to happen again. I tried to convince Phoenix that we should stay home, but she wanted to go to the soccer game just as much as I did. So we headed off to the game. Right when we arrived she started full on throwing up. I was luckily able to catch it in the towel I brought. She through up three or four times and did not look good. Part of me thought I should just head home, but the other part of me was worried about leaving Axel and Daddy without a car and I really didn't want to come back and pick them up, especially with a sick child. So, Phoenix and I decided to stay and try to watch the game. As you can see I couldn't quite manage to take photos with Phoenix in my lap and not feeling well. We managed to make it almost the first first half of the game when she said she was going to throw up again. Luckily, I told one of the moms that I am friends with and she insisted that she can take Axel and Keith home. So Phoenix and I headed home. 

 We did a couple of puzzles before she headed off for a nap. She woke about an hour into her nap throwing up. I went in and cleaned up what I thought was most of it and then put a towel over the area so she could continue to nap. She ended up sleeping for almost 4 hours. When she woke Daddy and Axel were already off to Half Moon Bay, to our friend, Eileen's birthday bash. I had to convince her that she wasn't missing out on the birthday party and then to take a bath. I didn't realize she had vomit in her hair and now over 3 hours later it had hardened. After her bath we spent the rest of the day on the couch. We read lots of books and even watched a couple of TV shows. We hadn't seen Animal Atlas in a very long time so it was quite the treat. She managed to eat a couple of crackers and drink a bit of water. She ended up throwing up on 4 different occasions, several times each episode. She was so calm and collected. I was very proud of her. She would say, "Mommy, I don't feel well". or "Mommy, can I throw up in the toilet?" Her fever only hit 100.5 as the high and the next morning she woke in great spirits and very hungry!
 Here she is the next morning ready to help Mommy make pancakes. I was a little nervous about letting her eat whatever she wanted, but she has been fine every since. I don't think I have ever seen her eat as quickly as she did that morning.
 On Sunday we talked and emailed and talked and emailed with multiple Hyundai dealerships about the 2016 Tuscon Limited. We were somehow about to talk down the price by a couple of grand and get the exact car/color we want locally. We really thought we were going to have to drive to Dublin, but our local dealership really wanted the sale. Here we are Monday night, (we had to wait for our dealership to make the trade) purchasing our first vehicle together. We were very happy with the vehicle and the price and feel very lucky that we were able to write a check for the car in full.
 Keith is very pleased that it has his LED circuits in it. This model has all LED's for rear brakes, daytime running lights and headlights as well as its interior. It also has all of the latest safety features and more technology then we could ask for.
 These two shots Keith took on Monday night. I haven't taken any photos since. I have driven the car a couple of times now. It is incredibly nice and it feels so awkward to be driving such a nice vehicle. I ordered seat protectors and a new narrow car seat for Phoenix and now that everything is installed properly hopefully I will feel more comfortable driving it. I want it to stay new a beautiful forever, right?
 During the week Axel had soccer practice and his first baseball practice. We also had back to school night. I really like Axel's teacher, Mrs. Boehm. I think he is going to have a great year at school.

Axel also got to go to the library for the first time this school  year. As first graders he is able to bring home two books, rather than one. He is such a sweet and thoughtful brother that he brought back two Pinkalicious books that Phoenix would enjoy. I was very impressed with his thoughtfulness.

Axel has had a little bit of a rough start to school in regards to recess again. We are hoping Axel will broaden his friendships so that he will have several different children to play with at school. He still doesn't feel like he can play with all of the kids on his soccer team at school because they play soccer more aggressively at school than at soccer practice. He also wants to still control what is being played which doesn't always go well and sometimes pushes other kids away. We hope this year he learns that he can have just as much fun joining in with a friend who is playing something completely different than what he hoped to play.

This weekend has been low key. We have had a few get togethers with friends, but otherwise we are enjoying spending time together as a family. Keith is working on healing his hamstring tear now hamstring tendonitis and I am working on trying to slow down as well.
 Here are a couple of cute pictures of Axel and Phoenix eating huge hot dogs that we grilled last night.
 Axel was a champ at fitting it in his mouth!
We are super excited to hear about Kendra's great PET scan news and pray that her MRI of her hip shows no new growths.  We continue to lift her up in prayer and hope the rest of the family is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment